1,084 results
All reviews alverton manor beautiful hotel bridal suite wedding venue courtyard room scallops restaurant manager main building old building bar and restaurant lovely grounds wine list waiting staff wedding reception huge bed city centre lovely room
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We arrived on a Sunday for a 3 night stay, too early for our room, (3.pm prompt) so we walked into Truro to stretch our legs. A wedding was taking place and the hall looked stunning. We intended to use the hotel as a base and it served our purpose. The breakfast was excellent, fresh fruit and yoghurt followed by full Cornish breakfast for me. Fruit juice and coffee too.
The room was spacious and well equipped with hairdrier, ironing board and iron, extra blanket and water bottle. Tea, coffe and biscuits. The bathroom was modern with a very good shower and bath. The WiFi worked well.
I booked with a well known booking site but there was a problem and I wouldn't use them again. Although I booked for 3 nights I had to change rooms after 2 which was a nuisance. The hotel did inform me of the problem in advance but I decided not to cancel and risk losing 50% of the cost. In fact the second room was the better of the two.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WanderingsAscent
Larissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Alverton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear WanderingsAscent,

Thank you for choosing the Alverton as the base for your Cornish holiday. We are in a great location for guests to visit many destinations around Cornwall.

I'm pleased you had an excellent breakfast. There is so much variety that it really is the best way to begin your day. It's lovely to hear that your room was spacious, well equipped and the wi-fi worked well.

I would really like to welcome you back to the Alverton.

With best wishes

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a room in the courtyard, the superior suit. From the moment we stepped into the room, we fell in love with everything about it. It was bright, modern yet still had plenty of character.
We booked in for 2 nights, with breakfast included. It was a varied menu, full of cereal, fruits and juices alongside the cooked breakfast foods.
The wedding was outstanding, the chapel was stunning, with fairy lights and candles creating a very romantic atmosphere. The wedding coordinator, Helen, was always available for enquiries and to make sure that the wedding ran smoothly through the day/ evening (in which it did!).
The evening buffet was of Cornish food, such as pasties and kebabs. There was more than enough food for all of the guests we had.
A fantastic weekend, one that my boyfriend and myself will always remember. Thank you to all of the staff at The Alverton for making this experience so relaxed and enjoyable.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Larissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Alverton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jasminwilson20,

Thank you for your fantastic review.

I'm so pleased you liked your Superior room and instantly fell in love with everything about it.

Helen and her team really do go above and beyond to make sure each wedding is perfect. I'm so proud of the team and it's lovely to hear how approachable Helen was and how smoothly the day ran.

I will pass on your kind comments onto all of the team and hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

We were on our vocation in England and the Alverton hotel was one of our chosen hotels to stay for 2 nights. It was windy and rainy outside. We arrived late in the evening and it was so pleasant to be treated by a friendly receptionist and then to enter our room which was so warm, clean, cosy, calm. For the first night we had a superior room with a big detached bathroom. I really enjoyed it!!! There was a very comfortable bed to sleep. Nice choice of tea and sone cookies. The products in the bath room were nice. The second night we spent in a standard room. It was of course simpler, not still very nice. We again got a bathroom. The furniture is often in the old style, but everything is clean, warm and cosy. We did really enjoy our breakfast. We ate porridge and toasts with bread, teas and juices. We loved the lobby-bar and the restaurant area. We loved the calm green terrace outside. Next time we come back and try a dinner in the restaurant for sure. Regards, Ekaterina Marmy.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ekaterina,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
I'm so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your two night stay at The Alverton.

I hope to welcome you again and you really should try our 2 AA Rosette awarded restaurant.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

What a lovely venue to hold a wedding, from the moment we arrived we felt very welcome, friendly staff helped with luggage and our rooms were beautiful.
My daughter and son in laws room had stunning views across the gardens and my room was spacious, comfortable with everything needed for overnight stays.
The breakfast menu was especially lovely, my grandson had a smile from cheek to cheek, when served with his choice of waffles, bacon and icecream, us adults were more conventional and enjoyed the english breakfast, but the waffles were tempting!!!
The chaple was decorated with such loving care and was like a scene in a fairytale a beautiful place for a wedding all thanks to Helen (the wedding coordinator) who put so much work into making the day as special as it turned out to be.
The staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was to much trouble,We enjoyed the evening food which was of a Cornish theme and more than enough for the 100 guests.
Thank you all at the Alverton for making my daughter and son in laws (Mr and Mrs Parkes) wedding such a memorable day.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Larissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Alverton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Dream432023,

Wow! What a lovely review to read.

As you have mentioned Helen and the team really do put 100% into every wedding and we thoroughly enjoyed hosting Mr & Mrs Parkes big day.

I'm pleased you enjoyed the wedding itself but also your experience at The Alverton. I'm delighted you had a warm welcome, liked your spacious room and loved the delicious breakfast.

I hope they had a lovely honeymoon and we hope to welcome you all again to The Alverton.

With best wishes

Reviewed 6 September 2018

We arrived on a lovely Sunday afternoon at the Alverton Manor having never been before, 1st & lasting impression was the wonderful setting for my sons wedding.
We really enjoyed the relaxed & informal atmosphere especially given the pleasant weather sitting outside in the sun drenched courtyard, The Chapel was in deed beautifully presented & such a romantic setting, we were aware it was a buffet reception so did not expect 5 star dining experience, .

Very happy to give a favourable feedback, 10/10 Brilliant & thanks for making the new Mr & Mrs Parkes day a very special one

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear trickytree2015,

Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review.

We all thoroughly enjoyed your sons wedding and it's so lovely to hear you also did.

I hope to welcome you again.