I have stayed at the County Arms a few times now whilst down in Cornwall for business and have found it ideal for that purpose. This is a really interesting place that is part of the St Austell brewery chain of pubs and small hotels. I would describe the facilities in the hotel part of this premises as being exceptionally good. The rooms are a good size and have modern facilities including air conditioning. The beds are very comfortable and there is a practical desk working space, and a good size power shower in the bathroom. If you go for one of the slightly more expensive superior rooms then you get the added bonus of a room at the rear of the hotel with a juliet balcony and a view over a pretty valley.
The pub serves what I would call basic good value pub grub, which is fairly standard fare with a few daily specials. The breakfasts are freshly cooked and good value for money.
I would best describe the County Arms as having the standards of a Marriott Hotel on the accommodation side and a Harvester with regard to the food. This is not a problem but in my view their sister pub the Norway Inn nearby at Perranworthal has the balance absolutely perfect with the same high quality accommodation but with a higher level of ambition on the food side. The County Arms is however good value, consistent and well worth a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The County Arms, Truro is one of Truro's most popular places to meet, eat, drink and now stay. County Arms offer 33 top quality en-suite bedrooms, in addition to its popular bar and restaurant. The central mid-peninsula location makes this the perfect stopover for business trips and leisure breaks in Truro and Cornwall- Includes a 24 Hour reception desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your The County Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The County Arms Hotel Truro
- The County Arms Truro, Cornwall