“Good ice cream, cute pigs but nothing special”

Callestick Farm Cornish Dairy Ice Cream
Ranked #8 of 42 things to do in Truro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We love to welcome visitors to see where our delicious ice cream is produced here on the farm. We have a small shop selling our large range ice cream as well as cream teas and cakes. There is a peaceful courtyard out side the shop to sit out and enjoy the sunshine on the fine days and an indoor area inside the shop to enjoy a tasty sweet treat when the weather isn't so kind. We have a viewing gallery in the factory where it is possible to see the ice cream being made (production times vary so we can't guarantee that the factory will always be operational) There is also a small children's play area in the car park and a variety of animals to interact with.
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Went to callestick ice cream farm for a few reasons really, we were close by, wanted to pop by healeys which is just down the road and last time we were in Cornwall we went to Roskillys so this time thought we would try some where different.
Our total visit took about 10 Mins.
We looked at the very cute pigs and the chickens, went to the viewing area and went into the cafe for a snack. I had a double ice cream container, quite a bit of choice of ice creams but I thought a little over priced for what I had.
Very nice, different flavours, but nothing special, I wouldn't go out of my way to come here.

There are newer reviews for Callestick Farm Cornish Dairy Ice Cream

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Did not go here intentionally but decided to stop after we left Healey's Cyder Farm. Signposting is not the greatest. You park in a car park the opposite side of the road from the farm. Surrounding the car park is a child's play area and several enclosures housing turkeys, chicken, rabbits, ducks and pigs ( complete with the most adorable piglets ). There is also a hand washing station which was well stocked with antibacterial soap and paper towels. Once you get to the farm the first thing that strikes you is how small the whole operation is!!!! When you actually get to the information you approach by way of a set of stairs and should you need it, there is no place for buggies to be parked. Unfortunately there was no production happening on the day we went but you could see the production area from an observation window. You have to pass through the shop/tea room to leave, but there was members of my party that wanted an ice cream anyway. The only disappointment was that the ice cream itself contained a preservative called guar gum(E412) which one of them was allergic to. This is one of the only independent makers that has this as an ingredient so she was quite surprised at this, however the range of flavours was very good and those that had an ice cream were not disappointed. Fair way to while away an hour or two.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great little ice cream parlour the car park is situated across the lane here you will find resident pigs,horses,chickens and rabbits also a children's play area. My little boy loves to drive the tractor in the play area so if you get there and the tractor is taken its proberly my boy ! :-) There is a wide choice of ice creams on sale flavours change regularly so I can't really advise which are best but I will say the black current and clotted cream one is divine. You can eat in the cafe cakes, tea etc are on offer or sit outside in the lovely seating area and help your little ones to milk the cow careful though you are sure to get wet. Recommended visit. Bathrooms are also on site.

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Was interesting to see how the ice cream was made and we brought some after to taste. It was very nice but a little pricey in my opinion. Not ideal for a day out buy good enough for an hour or so. Few animals to see and also a small play area for children.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

make sure you find time to visit this friendly diary. Something for all ages. also a great ice cream at end of visit