“excellent ice cream”

Callestick Farm Cornish Dairy Ice Cream
Ranked #7 of 42 things to do in Truro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We love to welcome visitors to see where our delicious ice cream is produced here on the farm. We have a small shop selling our large range ice cream as well as cream teas and cakes. There is a peaceful courtyard outside the shop to sit out and enjoy the sunshine on the fine days and an indoor area inside the shop to enjoy a tasty sweet treat when the weather isn't so kind. We have a viewing gallery in the factory where it is possible to see the ice cream being made (production times vary so we can't guarantee that the factory will always be operational) There is also a small children's play area in the car park and a variety of animals to interact with.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

the best ice cream ever tasted. the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. there is a little play area for the kids, and the piggies are gorgeous

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We went here and really enjoyed seeing the animals and the very cute baby piglets and the bigger piglets.

The kids really enjoyed the ice cream and the adults really enjoyed the Cream Tea's.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

...in the whole world! You simply have to try it yourself! Black currant - clotted cream is unbelievably delicious.

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Went to Callestick as we'd seen signs for it when we went to Healey's cider farm (which is really good) which it's just around the corner from and we had seen the I've cream on sale around Cornwall.
Was really looking forward to it as I live I've cream and am always interested in seeing how stuff is made - which you can at Healey's. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed. There's a lovely little farm with pigs and chickens etc and some things for the kids to play on around the car park' and the ice cream place itself is nice. But there's not much to see. It's literally one viewing platform over a small room of ice cream making machines, which - on a weekend - is empty as there is nobody working at weekends. Sure it would have been much more interesting if there were but it's probably still only 10 mins worth of interest maximum. The platform is also up some steep stairs with no lift, and nowhere outside to leave a buggy if you have kids, other than outside in the rain...
You come out through the cafe which is nice, and we bought some I've creams which were very nice, but was a bit surprised that they didn't have the full range of their own flavours, just the five or six you would find in any shop.
Might pop in here again for an ice cream if we are passing next time but it's just a 10 min thing, which isn't the impression you get from their leaflet.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Went to callestick ice cream farm for a few reasons really, we were close by, wanted to pop by healeys which is just down the road and last time we were in Cornwall we went to Roskillys so this time thought we would try some where different.
Our total visit took about 10 Mins.
We looked at the very cute pigs and the chickens, went to the viewing area and went into the cafe for a snack. I had a double ice cream container, quite a bit of choice of ice creams but I thought a little over priced for what I had.
Very nice, different flavours, but nothing special, I wouldn't go out of my way to come here.