“Terrible Service, So Left Without Ordering Any Food!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of HUBBOX Truro

HUBBOX Truro
Ranked #8 of 210 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: American, Bar, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our original Truro restaurant was specially converted from a 30 foot shipping container into a fully modern mini-restaurant with seating for 20 inside. The feedback and response from our customers was so great we had to find a bigger more permanent location. We have now relocated to the former chape. Head chef Alex Towill has overseen the menu which includes the Hubbox's popular range of handmade burgers, hot dogs made from 98% free range pork, pulled pork sandwiches and the Hub Big Mack Daddy - crispy Cornish mackerel with shredded beetroot and horseradish mayo. Our menu uses the very best Cornish ingredients in a relaxed quality way and has been winning rave reviews in St Ives, Truro and Exeter. We have now extended the Hubbox menu with a range of BBQ specials slow smoked over hickory wood chips and in Truro we also have a fully stocked bar with an ever changing beer wall of great craft beers and a selection of funky cocktails.
Hayle, United Kingdom
“Terrible Service, So Left Without Ordering Any Food!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

This review has been re-submitted because I did not order food due my experience below, but inadvertently rated it. My apologies.

I wrote an average review of The Hub, St Ives recently and was politely contacted by the owner Richard on my review. Great customer relations. He hoped we would return for a better experience and we did return, to the Truro pop up branch. But I'm sorry to say it did not go well.

It was on Saturday, a few weeks ago when we visited the Truro ISO container by M&S around 5pm. On entering the Box, the front of house guy was eating his dinner and after a few mouthfuls got up, said hello and pointed us to the menu on the side of the Box then sat down to continue with his tea. After looking at the menu for a few minutes we were just about to order, when his phone rang, so we stared at the menu a bit more. After about 5 minutes talking to his mobile friend (we think), my wife and I looked at each other and left.

I understand this is a laid back establishment, but we felt we should have cooked the burgers ourselves and whilst we were in the kitchen offer the waiter a dessert to finish off his dinner.

We hoped to have reported a better experience Richard, shame we didn't check out the food this time.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank bigwaverider9

Truro, United Kingdom
“Fantastic burgers in the heart of Truro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

What a great idea, a pop-up gourmet burger joint in the middle of town. Fantastic burgers, good fries and super-friendly service. What more could you ask for (other perhaps than more inside seating)?

Visited March 2013
Truro, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

I visit the pop up Hub Box, regularly with my boyfriend! The best vege burger i have ever had! the staff have always been so friendly! always chatty! the loyalty card is a FAB idea! i have now got my 10 stamps and cant wait to visit again for my free burger! cant recommend this place enough! Thank you Hub!

• Visited March 2013
Camborne, United Kingdom
“Best Burger Ever!!??”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

A burger, fries and a beer what better food combo can there be? I am quite a foodie and have eaten at 3 starred Michelin restaurants to street food.
This rates up there with the best. I had the Hub burger with a side of proper skin on fries salted to perfection. The cost was about the same as the mainstream joints. I hope this place becomes a permanent addition to aTruro as I will definitely be back to sample more of the menu.

Keep up the good work guys.

“If god made burgers this would be it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

I am on a diet so one of their burgers was a treat and my god it is possibly one of the best burgers I have had the pleasure of eating. I have eaten burgers in fancy restaurants, in Vegas etc etc and they just haven't come close. If you have been waiting for the missus outside mark and spencers and seen that cool shipping container opposite you will not be let down by popping of for a sneaky burger. (I have posted this on the other hub Truro tripadvisor listing also)