“Delightful cafe and even more delightful owners”
Review of The Secret Garden Cafe - CLOSED

The Secret Garden Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We visited for lunch and to find some respite from the rain and i'm glad we made the decision. The place offers a continuing theme of a secret garden throughout with staff t-shirts, wallpaper and other items carrying the same emblem, very professional and slick. The food was also a delight, the jerk chicken burger was delicious and the wedges were also very good. The cakes were equally nice, everything is clearly homemade. For an eatery which has only been open for 6 months, they have done very well and I wish them the best for the future!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I had lunch today at this hidden gem of a cafe, the staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome and relaxed (thank you).

There is a fine balance of vegi and meat options and the salads looked amazing, indeed my side salad with the Vegi Burger was lovely.

My wife had the Chicken burger with Jerk seasoning which she said was very good.

I noticed that on the children's menu there was Pasta with Quorn meatballs and had that been on the adults menu I might have ordered it ;-)

We will definitely visit again next time we are in the big City, hopefully to experience the Secret Garden in the summer sun..

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Ma daughter brought me to this extraordinary cafe, where I discovered a high quality cuisine full of imagination. This is true not only for their cakes but also for their other dishes. Really recommendable!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I know you should always start by saying the food is good or bad but I just want to say that both staff on Easter Tuesday were fantastic. It was the first time I had ever visited and we arrived with a small baby and a pram at lunchtime when another family was already in situ. The staff made us very welcome and produced another baby seat; when breast feeding later once again not a problem.

The cafe was exceptionally busy and we had to wait quite a long time BUT we were kept aware of this and we received constant apologies which was very thoughtful and professional.The food when it came was excellent - my lentil stuffed pepper was very moist and well seasoned. The side salad though stole the show - it was fresh, tangy and contained a very wide range of leaves!
The vegi burger was equally very good indeed and was consumed with great gusto.

We indulged ourselves with the cakes which looked incredibly appetising and did not disappoint.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

After looking at trip advisor for a recommendation in Truro we stumbled upon the Secret garden cafe and we were definitely not disappointed. A great selection of food with a mixture of vegetarian and meat options. Home made soups, salads, wraps, quiches and best of all cakes to die for!! Friendly family run atmosphere and they were great at accommodating us with my 7 month old. If your looking for fresh homemade food made with local produce, at a reasonable price the secret garden is perfect... We will definetly be back!