“faulty towers management style”
Review of Mannings Hotel

Mannings Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Truro
Reviewed 18 December 2011

On a business trip this summer I left my earrings in my room by mistake. I phoned the next day and asked for them to be placed in an envelope with a first class stamp. I was told that I would need to pay £5.00 for them to be sent registered post. I explained that I am out everyday and registered post would be difficult for me. I was happy to take the risk. They still refused. I was told that I would need to phone back with my credit card details and they would be kept in the safe for me. I phoned today and I was shocked to find out that they have been given to a charity shop. I was at no time informed that this would happen. If they don't value their customers enough to put a first class stamp on an envelope or pick up the phone I don't feel that they deserve my business. Needless to say I won't be back. I will instead look for trusted brand names in hotels who offer true customer service.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JanB186363
There are newer reviews for Mannings Hotel

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Stayed in October for a Girl's few days away. I arrived by train - a short walk downhill to hotel and a very cheap taxi ride back uphill on leaving. The hotel also has gated private parking. Staff could not have been more helpful and friendly - when I left my mobile behind on leaving - it was posted back to me first class arriving within 2 days. Room comfy (we had a king size bed each),fluffy towels, warm and quiet. Hotel really well located near Cathedral and town centre, shops, restaurants - however Mannings Restaurant was so good - delicious food, especially sea food and reasonably priced we ate in every night. Would definately go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I have stayed at Mannings many times because the staff really do make it like home, the rooms are above average and the attached restaurant provides the very best food. There is secure parking (chargeable) and being right in the centre of the city, it is an ideal place for a relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: Go for the City rooms ... or apartments if you can afford it
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This hotel in the centre of Truro is ideally situated for shopping and the theatre. Clean rooms suitably furnished in a modern style, the hotel also has secure parking. In the summer the bedrooms can become very hot if the weather is good. Also remember that as you are in Cornwall you will hear the seagulls!!!!
It also has one of the best restaurants in the city, we have never had a bad meal there yet, good fresh food and not overpriced.

Room Tip: The apartments are good if you want self catering. There is a room up a little staircase that has lo...
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Mannings is a fantastic friendly and vibrant place to visit. The food is always excellent and good quality and with the specials changing frequently it is hard to decide what delight to choose. We are never disappointed with the service and enjoy our monthly if not more visit to this fab restaurant

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 845lou
Reviewed 1 November 2011

What a wonderful hotel/aparthotel. We have stayed there for the last 6 years from the day of our wedding through every anniversary. Fantastic rooms and apartments, clean, well equipped, lovely atmosphere, lovely food, helpful staff and good value for money. Thank you for making it our 'special place' year after year.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Ideally situated hotel in the centre of Truro and for exploring the many delights of Cornwall.
The staff were both helpful and professsional.
We had 4 beautifully cooked evening meals with fresh ingredients, especially the variety of fish dishes. There was also plenty of choice with the continental breakfast, which is included in the price.
The twin double beds in our room, were very comfortable. There was a slight noise from the kitchen extractor fan, but did not operate too late.
However, we would definately recommend this hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank binkie67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
The Alverton
#1 of 2 in Redruth
The Greenbank Hotel
The Greenbank Hotel
#2 of 24 in Falmouth

Been to Mannings Hotel? Share your experiences!