We have just returned after a week in White Rocks. My son and his fiancée chose this hotel as a base for themselves and their wedding guests although they didn't actually get married in the hotel. We couldn't find fault with anything, even the transfer time from the airport is only 10 minutes. The hotel, set in a beautiful location, was spotless. Our rooms were quite spacious and airy with your own private balcony. The staff were friendly and helpful and offered an efficient portering service. The menu's are varied with a good selection of English and Greek food. Taxis booked by the hotel were always prompt and no variation in prices charged ie 7euros to go into Argostolli. The view, from our room, over the sea with gorgeous sunsets couldn't have been better. The only noise from outside, at night, was the sea rolling in. We had two beaches to chose from and another very close, with water sports. The beaches were not totally easy to get to and may be a bit of a challenge to visitors with mobility problems, the pathways are quite steep and there are several steps to negotiate. The beach bar has a good selection of refreshments and their pizzas come highly recommended. Overall opinion is the 5 star rating is well deserved. We would definitely recommend the hotel, and will definately consider going back for a second visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern square building designed by the award winning architect Niko Valsamaki, featuring floor to ceiling openings and clear glass balustrades. Set on the edge of a cliff, in a knock down scenic location with views of the Blue Flag awarded beaches of Platis and Makris Gialos, the White Rocks is found in the ionian island of Kefalonia. On one end of the property, a sloping path leads down to the hotel's private and peaceful beachfront and on the other side steps from the hotel grounds lead directly down to the most famous sandy and vibrant beaches of the island.The complex is comprised of a main building as well as a bungalows wing and has 162 guestrooms and suites scattered around the property. The 60000 square meters seafront property, is filled with well-maintained Mediterranean vegetation with pines palm trees and bougainvillea and enjoys amazing sea views from every vantage point. A vast air-conditioned Lobby Lounge with standout interior design and Lobby bar with Sun terrace are centrally located in the main building. A lift and a ramp takes you to the Dining Room serving buffet breakfast and dinner. Stairs down to a ground floor Lungomare a la la Carte Restaurant serving set menu a la carte and set menu lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Rocks Hotel And Bungalows
- Hotel White Rocks
- White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows Greece/Platis Gialos