This was our first visit to Kefalonia. We booked our holiday through Thomson ( Excellent as always ) and stayed last week in September/ 1st week in October. What a beautiful Island. We are glad we chose to stay in Lassi and the White Rocks Hotel. Close to shops, bars etc in Lassi and with easy reach by bus or taxi to Argostoli. Try to see the Turtles in Argostoli, the fishing boats arrive in at approx 9.30am and you should see these large Turtles around that time. Also Lassi is a good base to explore the island.
The hotel was fantastic, clean, modern and in a lovely setting. We stayed in the main block, double room was with a sea view, what a view! The staff where fantasic and couldn't do enough to help if required. We totally agree with the dress code for evening meal, it's part of the holiday in dressing smart in the evening. I have been in the heat of summer in other hotels and always wore trousers in the evening for meals whilst in shorts during the day. Keep it up Whte Rocks. The food was always excellent, why people say there was a lack of fish dishes, every night had different fish dishes.
Queing was not an issue for us, go a liitle later. No issues. You are on holiday, go with the flow and chill.
The small beach was ideal for us. Lovely walk through the grounds to it.
All in all we would recomend this hotel to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern square building designed by the award winning architect Niko Valsamaki, featuring floor to ceiling openings and clear glass balustrades. Set on the edge of a cliff, in a knock down scenic location with views of the Blue Flag awarded beaches of Platis and Makris Gialos, the White Rocks is found in the ionian island of Kefalonia. On one end of the property, a sloping path leads down to the hotel's private and peaceful beachfront and on the other side steps from the hotel grounds lead directly down to the most famous sandy and vibrant beaches of the island.The complex is comprised of a main building as well as a bungalows wing and has 162 guestrooms and suites scattered around the property. The 60000 square meters seafront property, is filled with well-maintained Mediterranean vegetation with pines palm trees and bougainvillea and enjoys amazing sea views from every vantage point. A vast air-conditioned Lobby Lounge with standout interior design and Lobby bar with Sun terrace are centrally located in the main building. A lift and a ramp takes you to the Dining Room serving buffet breakfast and dinner. Stairs down to a ground floor Lungomare a la la Carte Restaurant serving set menu a la carte and set menu lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Rocks Hotel And Bungalows
- Hotel White Rocks
- White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows Greece/Platis Gialos