My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks in July 2013. We had a lovely large modern room with a garden view and balcony. The food was absolutely delicious lots of choice and always very fresh. The guy behind the grill always did the fish or meat to perfection and I even tried octopus for the first time and very glad I did. (There is a dress code for the evening ie no shorts, t-shirts and flip flops, men to wear long trousers). The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for you. The hotel is set back on a cliff with beautiful views, there are quite a few steps and slopes around the hotel so anyone with mobility problems may find this difficult for them.
The hotel has a small beach, but it was always very busy so we opted for the larger public beach next to the hotel which was lovely and sandy and not so busy.
It is a short walk into Lassi to the various shops, bars and restaurants (approx 5 mins).
We decided to hire a car which I would recommend as Kefalonia is a beautiful island and there is so much to see and we really wanted to have a good explore of the island. We found some lovely hidden beaches with hardly anyone about. The capital Argostoli is about a 10 min drive and costs about 7 euros by taxi. We traveled up to the north of the island to Fiscardo which was my favourite place, a beautiful harbour town with lots of lovely restaurants on the harbour front. Also went to Myrtos Beach which has amazing views and looks very sandy from above but when you arrive the beach it has very large pebbles so would recommend having some shoes to wear in the water, also the water can be quite rough. Melissani Lake and Drogorati Caves really worth a visit. (There are some steep steps and slopes to the Lake and Caves).
Would definitely go back and stay at White Rocks again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern square building designed by the award winning architect Niko Valsamaki, featuring floor to ceiling openings and clear glass balustrades. Set on the edge of a cliff, in a knock down scenic location with views of the Blue Flag awarded beaches of Platis and Makris Gialos, the White Rocks is found in the ionian island of Kefalonia. On one end of the property, a sloping path leads down to the hotel's private and peaceful beachfront and on the other side steps from the hotel grounds lead directly down to the most famous sandy and vibrant beaches of the island.The complex is comprised of a main building as well as a bungalows wing and has 162 guestrooms and suites scattered around the property. The 60000 square meters seafront property, is filled with well-maintained Mediterranean vegetation with pines palm trees and bougainvillea and enjoys amazing sea views from every vantage point. A vast air-conditioned Lobby Lounge with standout interior design and Lobby bar with Sun terrace are centrally located in the main building. A lift and a ramp takes you to the Dining Room serving buffet breakfast and dinner. Stairs down to a ground floor Lungomare a la la Carte Restaurant serving set menu a la carte and set menu lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Rocks Hotel And Bungalows
- Hotel White Rocks
- White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows Greece/Platis Gialos