Just got back from the White Rocks Hotel, Kefalonia, and our experience was absolutely fantastic. We could not fault the staff who were so friendly, helpful and obliging, our bungalow was a Junior Suite, it was roomy, well laid out, the view superb and the ladies who cleaned the room every day also changed the towels every day, including yellow beach towels.
The food was varied and plentiful, if there was a problem it was stopping yourself from being a glutton which was not easy because of the choice put before you.
The layout of the complex was varied, it had it's own beach with its own free sun loungers and parasols with a bar just above it under trees where you could get toasted sandwiches pizzas, filled rolls, etc. There was another beach which was sandy but you paid a modest fee for the sun loungers and parasols.
I noted that there have recently been a few adverse comments, mosquito's being one of them. Well you are in a very warm climate and would it make sense to take the necessary repellants. A rocky beach was another complaint, it's a rocky coast, not being able to get into the swimming pool until after it had been thoroughly cleaned, better to have good hygiene. The evening dress code was criticised, well, it was nice to sit down amongst cleaned casually dressed guests. If you have complaints, go to reception where this hotel would bend over backwards to rectify any problems you may have. It is a family run hotel and the lady who is one of the family owners is absolutely charming and takes very seriously the welfare of her guests and problems which might arise
We found the complex to be very peaceful and relaxing and will definitely be considering going there again and it will be about the same time, early June as the temperature was great. If there was one slight drawback it was being just a little out of Lassie and Argostoli but the taxi's were so reasonable that it was no real problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern square building designed by the award winning architect Niko Valsamaki, featuring floor to ceiling openings and clear glass balustrades. Set on the edge of a cliff, in a knock down scenic location with views of the Blue Flag awarded beaches of Platis and Makris Gialos, the White Rocks is found in the ionian island of Kefalonia. On one end of the property, a sloping path leads down to the hotel's private and peaceful beachfront and on the other side steps from the hotel grounds lead directly down to the most famous sandy and vibrant beaches of the island.The complex is comprised of a main building as well as a bungalows wing and has 162 guestrooms and suites scattered around the property. The 60000 square meters seafront property, is filled with well-maintained Mediterranean vegetation with pines palm trees and bougainvillea and enjoys amazing sea views from every vantage point. A vast air-conditioned Lobby Lounge with standout interior design and Lobby bar with Sun terrace are centrally located in the main building. A lift and a ramp takes you to the Dining Room serving buffet breakfast and dinner. Stairs down to a ground floor Lungomare a la la Carte Restaurant serving set menu a la carte and set menu lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Rocks Hotel And Bungalows
- Hotel White Rocks
- White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows Greece/Platis Gialos