This is a lovely hotel. We stayed in a bungalow room which was excellent - a large double bed, a sofa, a modern bathroom with.separate shower, WC and two hand basins, though best of all was the view - probably one of the best I have ever had from a hotel balcony, totally unobstructed. The room was a good five minutes walk from the hotel's main building and there are quite a few steps around the hotel grounds so not suitable for those with walking difficulties. The hotel grounds are beautifully kept and it was so peaceful. From within the room I never heard a sound from outside. The food in the hotel was very nice but it was never hot enough and that would be my only complaint. We were booked half board and it suited us to have lunch in the hotel instead of evening meal so that we could try local restaurants in the evening. Also the restaurant was much quieter at lunch time. The centre of Lassi is a good ten minutes walk away and there is not a great deal there. Alternatively you can walk into Argostoli (or use the taxi/bus). We also took the ferry to Lixouri and spent an evening there. All in all, Kefalonia is a beautiful island and I would recommend the White Rocks as a lovely place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern square building designed by the award winning architect Niko Valsamaki, featuring floor to ceiling openings and clear glass balustrades. Set on the edge of a cliff, in a knock down scenic location with views of the Blue Flag awarded beaches of Platis and Makris Gialos, the White Rocks is found in the ionian island of Kefalonia. On one end of the property, a sloping path leads down to the hotel's private and peaceful beachfront and on the other side steps from the hotel grounds lead directly down to the most famous sandy and vibrant beaches of the island.The complex is comprised of a main building as well as a bungalows wing and has 162 guestrooms and suites scattered around the property. The 60000 square meters seafront property, is filled with well-maintained Mediterranean vegetation with pines palm trees and bougainvillea and enjoys amazing sea views from every vantage point. A vast air-conditioned Lobby Lounge with standout interior design and Lobby bar with Sun terrace are centrally located in the main building. A lift and a ramp takes you to the Dining Room serving buffet breakfast and dinner. Stairs down to a ground floor Lungomare a la la Carte Restaurant serving set menu a la carte and set menu lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Rocks Hotel And Bungalows
- Hotel White Rocks
- White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows Greece/Platis Gialos