As all the other reviewers have said, the hotel is amazing with one of the best rooms I've had; beautifully furnished and amazing views. What is not clear in anyone's brochure though is the fact that you have to walk down (and up! )30 steep concrete steps just to get to reception, and if you are in one of the bungalows or want to get to the pool it's a 7 minute walk up and down some steep steps with no handrail and some very steep paths. I know this does not bother most people, but it would have influenced our choice if we had realised. It also made it impossible for us to use the beaches as all down many steps, and to get to Lassi you have to go along the beach as the road is not safe to walk along. Being picky the terrace bar is lovely, but with no umbrellas for shade nobody can use it during the day as it;s just too hot, and there was nowhere comfortable to sit outside unless you could get to the pool or beach areas. I also don't understand why the process is in place to get people to queue for the dining room, give their room number and be shown to a table; the hotel is too remote for anyone to try and get a free meal and it just causes a jam.
Entertainement limited to musicians on 2 nights. If you want a peaceful holiday this ios the right place, but be aware it's not suitable for people with any kind of walking difficulty
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern square building designed by the award winning architect Niko Valsamaki, featuring floor to ceiling openings and clear glass balustrades. Set on the edge of a cliff, in a knock down scenic location with views of the Blue Flag awarded beaches of Platis and Makris Gialos, the White Rocks is found in the ionian island of Kefalonia. On one end of the property, a sloping path leads down to the hotel's private and peaceful beachfront and on the other side steps from the hotel grounds lead directly down to the most famous sandy and vibrant beaches of the island.The complex is comprised of a main building as well as a bungalows wing and has 162 guestrooms and suites scattered around the property. The 60000 square meters seafront property, is filled with well-maintained Mediterranean vegetation with pines palm trees and bougainvillea and enjoys amazing sea views from every vantage point. A vast air-conditioned Lobby Lounge with standout interior design and Lobby bar with Sun terrace are centrally located in the main building. A lift and a ramp takes you to the Dining Room serving buffet breakfast and dinner. Stairs down to a ground floor Lungomare a la la Carte Restaurant serving set menu a la carte and set menu lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Rocks Hotel And Bungalows
- Hotel White Rocks
- White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows Greece/Platis Gialos