Visited the hotel in 2002 & 2003 and loved every minute. Have had a holiday home for the last 10 years in the UK which we have now sold, so when we came to book this year we couldn't think of anywhere better than the White Rocks. We had read that it had been refurbished since our last visit. Just hoped Kefalonia hadn't changed. We never imagined that it could be zoo much better.
From the moment we walked down the steps to reception we were overwhelmed. All credit to the owners and designers.
It is the most perfect hotel and setting. Very relaxing and within 5 min of the airport by taxi.
So nice to see staff that were still there from our last visit. Especially Mikas in the bar who remembered us!!
Restaurant staff all superb. Very friendly and efficient. Very good choice and excellent quality. Certainly not the usual recycled food.
The bedrooms and bathrooms are exceptional. The ladies who serviced the rooms 309 & 307 are fantastic. the most comfortable bed and pillows with clean fresh smelling linen every day. I note a few people comment on the window through to the bathroom. I don't have a problem with this. (Added feature) instead of looking into the bathroom, try looking out and you will find that the window provides a lovely sea view whilst in the bath.
Pool and beach cafe very clean and maintained. There is no cabaret or aqua aerobics, but not everybody wants this. It is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. Relaxing and quiet.
We loved the addition of the WR bar and the music that was played. Sitting outside by candle light drinking cocktails was perfect.
I'm struggling for words… I think all of the good reviews speak for them selves. There are too many people to praise.
I wrote in the guest book in 2003 that I would be back. Now that I have been back, I have already booked for 2015. I can't run the risk of not getting a room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern square building designed by the award winning architect Niko Valsamaki, featuring floor to ceiling openings and clear glass balustrades. Set on the edge of a cliff, in a knock down scenic location with views of the Blue Flag awarded beaches of Platis and Makris Gialos, the White Rocks is found in the ionian island of Kefalonia. On one end of the property, a sloping path leads down to the hotel's private and peaceful beachfront and on the other side steps from the hotel grounds lead directly down to the most famous sandy and vibrant beaches of the island.The complex is comprised of a main building as well as a bungalows wing and has 162 guestrooms and suites scattered around the property. The 60000 square meters seafront property, is filled with well-maintained Mediterranean vegetation with pines palm trees and bougainvillea and enjoys amazing sea views from every vantage point. A vast air-conditioned Lobby Lounge with standout interior design and Lobby bar with Sun terrace are centrally located in the main building. A lift and a ramp takes you to the Dining Room serving buffet breakfast and dinner. Stairs down to a ground floor Lungomare a la la Carte Restaurant serving set menu a la carte and set menu lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Rocks Hotel And Bungalows
- Hotel White Rocks
- White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows Greece/Platis Gialos