Wellington at Welwyn
US$154
Brocket Hall(Welwyn Garden City)
US$209
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel(Welwyn Garden City)
US$188
US$183
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel(Welwyn Garden City)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$89
PremierInn.com
US$69
US$66
All reviewsslipper baththe pubchurch bellsrooms are beautifullooked deliciousincluded in the room rateroast beefwheelchair boundmother's daychildren's portionsbusiness or pleasuresunday morninggreat settingfront of housefull englishan overnight staybed was very comfortable
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I was delighted when a date invited me to the Wellington as I have wanted to go there for ages and I had heard such great things about the food.

We arrived at 7.30pm on a Saturday and got the last table - it was packed. You can only book for parties of 8+ so you need to arrive early.

I had the battered prawns to start and whilst freshly cooked and piping hot, they had little flavour and the two dips added little to the dish. For main I had the Peso Confit Chicken which was nice enough but for £14 I did expect a breast and not just a small leg. If I was a man I would have been seriously hungry afterwards.

I wouldn't go back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

We had a bit of an issue, they double booked and we were left with no room for the night..... BUT don't panic, mistakes happen, Laura did everything to sort it out, she found us another hotel room, it cost more but she paid the difference, she then arranged a taxi to pick us up and bring us back to the Wellington at her cost, she then said to her staff "what ever these people want it's on the house" we had a beautiful 3 course meal and drinks all on the house, service was outstanding. Laura then got us a cab back to the hotel. Can't thank her enough. Will defiantly go back for the great food and I will stay as I think the breakfast must be amazing. Thank you Wellington and all the staff for a great night. Cheers Anthony and Louise

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Outstanding, high quality, contemporary accommodation. Very friendly, knowledgable and efficient staff. Great restaurant with excellent menus / wine selection. Good beer! Really enjoyed both breakfast and dinner. Easy parking. All in all, a first class experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paisleysteve
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a Saturday night - we had room 6 which was on the top and up two flights of narrow stairs. The room itself was delightful with a big and comfortable bed and olde worlde furniture. The bath / shower is effectively part of the room (no door) which adds a quirky touch and the toliet is behind a frosted glass door so if you are after privacy in these areas then its not the place for you.

The shower area needs some attention as the water squirts in all directions and soaks the floor.

The breakfast in the morning was fantastic - I had the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, it came freshly made and I can honestly say that I have never had better than this. The staff were friendly and attentive which made the Sunday morning extremely enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed for saturday night in one of the luxury rooms,four poster bed was really comfy with a free standing bath at the end. The toilet area wasn't very private as had glass door to it, but we werent bothered by it. Had dinner in the restaurant which was very busy and very nice. Staff were pleasant, and breakfast was delicious. The church bells ring just outside the room at 9 in the morning so if you like a lie-in you might be dissapointed!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple