“Robin Hood & Little John Pub Restaurant in Rabley Heath”

Robin Hood & Little John
Ranked #7 of 21 Restaurants in Welwyn
Price range: US$6 - US$65
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Robin Hood & Little John is a beautiful country pub surrounded by extensive garden areas. Now under new ownership with resident chef offering great food from sandwiches to A La Carte menu lunchtimes & dinner (excluding Mondays) and freshly prepared Sunday Carvery. Great real ales and extensive wine selection. Family run with a friendly attentive team and warm accommodating atmosphere!
Gibraltar
“Robin Hood & Little John Pub Restaurant in Rabley Heath”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Went there with some friends from the Gym,
I hand't been there before, but was recommended by one of the guys.

The food was just excellent, my fish (Sea Bass) was one of the best I have had in long time.
and to top it up the wines we had were also excellent.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the restaurant itself is small but very effective.
I was told that it is better to book early as it gets very busy most of the time.
Will defiantly go back sooner than later.
Capt.Harry

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank CaptHarry1
jo h, General Manager at Robin Hood & Little John, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Thank you for such a lovely review. I am so glad you enjoyed our pub and our food, We enjoy what we do very much and like to provide good food and service. It makes us so proud to have such nice genuine feedback , we hope to see you again in the future.

Once again Thank you
Kind regards

Jo Hughes
Proprietor

London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Love this pub it's my favourite..it's out in the sticks, and loads of seating outside with spectacular views of the countryside. Very small bar and restaurant but a really warm welcome and a great big garden for the kids to play.
It's a Macmullens' pub not everyone's idea of a good pint but otherwise it is worth a visit for the friendliness and the ambience.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank dopeydoris_11
jo h, Manager at Robin Hood & Little John, responded to this review, 2 December 2012
Thank you for your lovely review we to agree it's a beautiful setting it's a great pub we hope to see you again soon.
London
“A lovely suprise”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I crossed this little country side pub on a weekend and to the highest of my expectations it still suprised me. I will be going back in the future for sure.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Jake F
jo h, Manager at Robin Hood & Little John, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Thank you for your comments we are glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again in the future

Many thanks for your comments
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Sad disappointment”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Passing this little place tucked out of the way, I thought it looked promising, but sadly the food was really quite uninspiring and the barman seemed to have trouble with the concept of 'sparkling water' and 'coffee'. Perhaps it was his first day? I asked if the chicken breast was fresh and being assurred that it was was extremely disappointed when a 'chopped and shaped' think appeared on my plate. I thought the menu was boring, but they do seem to carry a wide range of beers, although on this visit they were not sampled.
If you don't like cats and dogs sitting all over the place or pre-prepared packaged food, then I'd give this one a miss in future.
Shame - nice building, garden and location.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank GerbilQueen
jo h, Owner at Robin Hood & Little John, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you for your review on the Robin Hood & Little John, I too am disappointed you did not enjoy your visit with us.

I appreciate your comments, however would like to reassure you that we do use a local butcher, we also have a fish monger as well as a local green grocer who provide our produce. If you could let me know what chicken you had I will make enquiries, if you had our medallions of chicken marinated we do buy our chicken from our local butcher & marinate in house.

We are a traditional old English pub and because of this we find a lot of people like to walk their dogs and bring them to the pub, we welcome dogs (on leads) although we do not have dogs ourselves. We also do not allow dogs in the restaurant. We are cat owners of rescue cats but think it is unfair to suggest that they are 'all over the place'

The menu is checked/updated daily.

Once again I appreciate your comments.

Kind regards