“Brilliant not just the kids me to👊”
Review of Ducky's Park Farm - CLOSED

Ducky's Park Farm
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I viseted to day on the 22nd of July and I thought it was Brilliant day out for the kids. The farm was very clean considering it is a farm after all, the inside was also vey clean and lots to do for all kids. The food was lovey and we didn't have to wait long I think the prices we every reasonable also , I personally liked the barrel train it think it's a great idea. The staff were really nice and I got talking to a young girl out side who was very friendly and gave me lots of information really would recommend this please can't wait for our next visit.

2  Thank Emily C
There are newer reviews for Ducky's Park Farm

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Me and my family were staying at the haven campsite, we had seen the attraction ducky's park farm and decided to visit. My children loved it. They had so much to do, feeding the animals and doing brush a pig was there best, really good for a family day out. The food service was cheap and quick and had a wide range of food which was good. The staff were really welcoming and helpful. The place was really clean considering its a farm, you can tell its looked after very well, cant understand why people think its dirty. Definitely going to visit again soon.

3  Thank 4040amy
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Took a trip with a young animal mad son, but probably wouldn't return.

Choice of animals was limited, no horse or cows which are his two favourite farm animals, although nice touch to have some of the younger goats free to interact with guests. At the same time, having a notice to inform of free-roaming animals would be beneficial for those who have children who are a bit wary.

Food was expensive for what you got - would suggest a picnic.

You can kill an hour or so here, but it's not somewhere you would spend a full day.

1  Thank Matt S
DONNA L, Owner at Ducky's Park Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

I am sorry that you thought are choice of animals was limited but we are a farm not a zoo and as such are only allowed to have certain things. We do have a shetland pony and donkeys on the farm so i am sorry if this did not please him. We do not have cows as they tend to be unpredictable and I feel that safety is a priority, and would not put dangerous large animals where people can touch them.
We do have some free range animals and I try to inform people of this when they come in, and I feel that if children are scared of animals, then possibly bringing them to a farm is not the right choice. A lot of our customers prefer that we have free range animals, rather than those being caged all the time.
Our food is priced fairly, especially if you compare prices to Blackpool pleasure beach. Price of food ranges from £2.25 for a basket of chips to £5.95 which is the dearest thing on the menu. All these prices also include VAT which is unavoidable. I do not know of any other attractions which are cheaper.
As for length of time to spend at Duckys then that is up to the individual. We put interaction activities on from 11.30am till 4pm every day, every half an hour, it is up to you whether you join in. Those who do join in find their day very full and iinteresting.
As a small farm attraction i feel I try to do the most with what is available.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was our second visit & to be honest we had a good day out but were disappointed as it looked quite run down. The kids enjoyed bottle feeding the lambs & feeding the goats. The soft play area was good & drinks were a good price. The children found it hilarious being attacked by chickens whilst we were having our picnic. Wouldn't go back again unless they spent more money on it as after 2 hours we'd seen everything & it wasn't exactly cheap to get in.

I am sorry that you thought it looked run down. We have had some issues with maintenance staff but hopefully these have now been sorted. Unfortunately the weather does age things quickly and we try to keep up with this as much as possible.
I feel that the price we charge to get in is fair and also includes VAT which is unavoidable. If you only sayed for 2 hours then you did not join in with all the activities as they run from 11.30am till 4pm everyday.
We do try to spend money improving the farm in the winter and providing new equipment to play on so hopefully next time you come you will notice something new, like the new upstairs play and new trampolines we provided this year.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

we went on our way home to be honest just to see what it was, and glad I did too.
My one year old son loved the bus and running after the goats and chickens.
The food was delicious and only took about 15 mins after order to be ready.
Some of the bad reviews say it was filthy, im sorry but what do expect at a farm??
It wasn't even dirty in my opinion. the kids play areas where well looked after. and plenty for them to do. The price was fair and service was great. friendly staff, will be visiting again next time we are up there.
Thankyou, my son loved it.

4  Thank Jack H

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad that someone finally understands that we are a farm and not a sterile hospital. We do have animals that go to the toilet and when its warm they can smell. We try to keep all areas as clean as possible but it is dusty with loose soil and hay will blow about.
We do clean all the indoor play everyday and disinfect and I am glad that you noticed nthis. However it is difficult to stop tranference of dust and mud as people walk in and out all the time.
I would love to see you again the next time you visit and have passed your thanks on to the staff.