“Memories are just a sail away...”

Vieques Classic Charter - Tours
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Esperanza
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail on a Classic Wooden Sailboat built in 1941 with highly experienced Captain Sebastian and sailing crew. Sail and swim off the boat in Vieques crystal, turquoise waters.Your charter Includes snorkelling and sightseeing as well as fresh catered meal and drinks. See Vieques from a different view while sailing on a yacht that is part of Sailing History.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I literally cannot express enough how wonderful this trip was, and the memories that it created for my husband and I. As avid water-goers, our hopes were high and Sebastian far exceeded our expectations. He was a JOY to be around and talk to you, and his mate was just as wonderful! The food was some of the best we had on the island and drinks were always refreshed. Everything about this experience was top notch, and we would do it again in a heart beat. You are missing out if you do not book this tour while staying on Vieques. It will be one of the highlights of your stay!

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Great day on the water! We have taken day charters many times and this was by far our best trip. Sebastian is a warm, hospitable, capable captain who made for a fun day for 5 of us, including 3 teenage boys. The boat is beautiful and fast. The lunch was local, fresh and delicious. Wish I could go back out today. Booking on line and paying with PayPay simple and efficient.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing day on the most beautiful boat. The Captain and his mate could not have been nicer or more professional. They took care of everything, down to the smallest need. The homemade lunch was delicious. It makes me wish I could have the Shalamar nearby on every vacation.

2  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Amazing views, interesting history, and delicious food and drink were just a few of the things that made my sail on shalimar so excellent. The captain and crew really make you feel at home on the beautiful boat. I would strongly reccomend this to anyone that visits Vieques!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I don't know how to state it any more clearly. It was the highlight of our trip. If there was one thing my wife and I would absolutely have to do on a return trip to Vieques.. it would be to spend another afternoon aboard the Shalamar with Sebastian and Nackey. The Shalamar is a beautiful wood cutter rigged yawl, full of history and charm that you do not get with any of the other boats. I'm a history nerd myself, and hearing the tales of the old vessel was very cool. The captains passion for the boat is evident the minute he starts talking about it. Sebastian and Nackey were as genuine as you can possibly be, after about an hour it felt like we were out on a sail with old friends. The lunch was outstanding, the drinks were never empty, and the conversation was never forced. We snorkeled, we got behind the wheel, we explored. If you are reading this review.. and considering another boat.. STOP. Call Sebastian, book your trip, and thank me later. I would literally consider doing it twice.

1  Thank Clyde P