“Incredible Experience!”

Vieques Classic Charter - Tours
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Esperanza
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail on a Classic Wooden Sailboat built in 1941 with highly experienced Captain Sebastian and sailing crew. Sail and swim off the boat in Vieques crystal, turquoise waters.Your charter Includes snorkelling and sightseeing as well as fresh catered meal and drinks. See Vieques from a different view while sailing on a yacht that is part of Sailing History.
Atlanta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Incredible Experience!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had the most amazing time on our sail and are SO happy we did it! A 1941 wooden sailboat, the Shalamar was used during WWII to locate mines in the ocean. Sebastian has restored the boat to its full glory and explains the historical significance before setting off on your sail. Sebastian and his crew take care of every single need guests may have from drinks to sunscreen to towels and floats. They provide a wonderful homemade lunch that was better than we could have imagined. I cannot rave about our experience enough--Sebastian and his assistant created an afternoon we'll remember for many years to come. We were treated like their long-time friends and provided with a wonderful sail around the island. I highly, highly recommend choosing Sebastian and his gorgeous boat the Shalamar if you are thinking about taking a sail during your trip. It was certainly the highlight of our vacation.

Visited May 2014

Charleston, South Carolina
“Memories are just a sail away...”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I literally cannot express enough how wonderful this trip was, and the memories that it created for my husband and I. As avid water-goers, our hopes were high and Sebastian far exceeded our expectations. He was a JOY to be around and talk to you, and his mate was just as wonderful! The food was some of the best we had on the island and drinks were always refreshed. Everything about this experience was top notch, and we would do it again in a heart beat. You are missing out if you do not book this tour while staying on Vieques. It will be one of the highlights of your stay!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Great day on the water! We have taken day charters many times and this was by far our best trip. Sebastian is a warm, hospitable, capable captain who made for a fun day for 5 of us, including 3 teenage boys. The boat is beautiful and fast. The lunch was local, fresh and delicious. Wish I could go back out today. Booking on line and paying with PayPay simple and efficient.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Boat Anywhere”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing day on the most beautiful boat. The Captain and his mate could not have been nicer or more professional. They took care of everything, down to the smallest need. The homemade lunch was delicious. It makes me wish I could have the Shalamar nearby on every vacation.

2 Thank Andrew M
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Amazing experience and friendliest service!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Amazing views, interesting history, and delicious food and drink were just a few of the things that made my sail on shalimar so excellent. The captain and crew really make you feel at home on the beautiful boat. I would strongly reccomend this to anyone that visits Vieques!