“what a dump”

Ranked #1 of 1 Horton B&B and Inns
Poole, United Kingdom
“what a dump”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

good friday,called in for lunch,very cold lunch with our coats on,no heating on ,pastry very hard on meat pie.place very tired and needs a good shake up.will not recomend it to anyone .in fact it needs shutting down very sad lovely position.will not go again

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank kenneth r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
verwood
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My Family and I often visit this establishment as we only live a few miles away.It is a very friendly pub with good staff and welcoming locals .Last night Saturday 23rd march was my worst visit ever,there was it appeared a large table in the Dinning room,who seemed to have a problem with some of their meals.The reason i am writing is that one of the party a gentleman,Was probably the most obnoctious person i have ever heard.The staff and management tried everything to recompense him for the problem ,But he just kept on and on to such a point i was on the verge of saying something myself.Fortunatly my Wife stopped me.If you happened to be in the pub last night d'ont let this put you off visiting again .With a bit of Luck this idiot will sobber up and have the balls to appologise for his terrible behaviour.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I spend 2 days a month in Dorset and at this time i stay over with the manager and his wife at the Horton Inn
This is not the ritz but its comfortable and clean nThe outside needs painting and the inside needs some repair work
The breakfast is very filling and Tony cannot do enough to make your stay pleasurable
I know the pub needs a make over but for the amount i am charged for the one night i cant say i will get better anywhere
If your passing or just want t see the area on a budget then go and see Tony and Jade who will make you very welcome
If you have a chance and like indian food there is a little GEM of a place not far called the Cinnamon Lounge and that is a restraunt well worth the visit as the food is really excelent and the service top shot
I didnt get there untill 9 45 pm but was treated as if it was early evening I can recommend the Malayan these guys cook it with banana as well as the regular fruit it was special
Will i go back you bet ya see you next month

Room Tip: Ask for room 1 it has a 4 poster ,a large bath room and the water is very hot
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This large pub gave us a comfortable night in a large clean room with ensuite bathroom and included a decent cooked breakfast all at a very reasonable price. There were one or two niggles - the shower control needed coaxing and the lighting in the room was a bit dim and took a couple of minutes to sort out, but nothing too serious. Reasonably friendly staff and overall a good deal. We would certainly go back if needing a bed in the area again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing onto the road are a bit noisy until the traffic dies down.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2013

On arrival it looked ok from the outside but then it all went down hill from there the inn was in urgent need of a face lift the tables in the restaurant were very old with all the varnish coming off and not to clean my wife went to our room while I had a beer at the bar when she came back she told me that the room wasn't good looked like a single bed with another smaller single bed pushed together to make a small double bed and as for the shower she would have a problem using it so I had no chance,so we thought we would have a few drinks and something to eat I ordered the chicken sizzling skillet with spicy peppers and my wife ordered the fish & chips with mushy peas when the food arrived mine was very badley burnt the peppers were stuck to the skillet they were inedible the chicken was nearly the same as the peppers my wife's fish was still frozen in the middle the chips looked like they had been fried about 4 or 5 times previously and the peas were cold and they weren't even mushy ones all in all disgusting my wife left hers I ate some of the chicken and the salad garnish ? because i was hungry,after that we decided not to stay so we spoke to the young girl behind the bar who I must say was the best thing about this place she had to go and speak to the boss who told her that we still had to pay for the night which is what we expected £40 thank god it wasn't more we didn't get any kind of refund not even for the disgusting meal to which we had a sorry for and we have a new chef ? I know it wasn't the ritz or a 5 star hotel and I definitely won't be going back there ever again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Taffy777
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Me and my fiance stayed here on passing through to Salisbury the following day. For the sum of £30 we got a room and breakfast which we found really good value. However, We was told where our room was not shown, then struggled to open the door and figure out the light switch system,I struggled to sleep with the tele on in the bar quite loud until around 1am. Then we it came to leaving we had an 11am checkout but the cleaners kept checking to see if we had gone, then we found that we was locked in the Inn and had to unlock the bolts and push our way out and leave the key in the letter box. Good price for money for the quality you get

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zcs89
Midlands UK
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed here for one night at the end of December 2012. Booked via LateRooms.com for the sum of £25 for the 2 of us including breakfast and for this price it was acceptable. Room was comfy but cool and there was no real shower facility. Breakfast was a typical 1 of each style but was nice and prompt to tabe.
We ate dinner in the restaurant and have to say it was one of the best rump steaks I have ever had

Room Tip: Ask about the rooms facilities when booking
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horton
Burley Manor
#1 of 1 in Ludwell
The Inn at Cranborne
The Inn at Cranborne
#1 of 3 in Cranborne

Been to Horton Inn? Share your experiences!