“Just a perfect way to spend 5 days in the English Countryside”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Osbaston
The Dandelion Hideaway
Reviewed 18 May 2014

First off sorry its taken so long to get the review done, Its been manic since getting back.

I fell upon the Dandelion Hideaway by chance whilst looking for a luxurious camping experience online, I needed something a bit special as I was also planning to propose. From looking at the website, it looked looked great and by reading the reviews on here I was expecting great things, and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest..

From the moment we arrived, where John who showed us around the farm shop and gave us all the information we needed, to the time that we left with our lovely gifts from Sharon, we were made to feel very welcome and completely at ease.

The Bluebells and its Nest was absolutely outstanding, I cant think of a single thing that was missing. With the large sleigh bed, the luxurious roll top bath, the wooden floors, the wood fired hot tub and hundreds of other little quaint touches, we very quickly forgot that we were effectively in a large tent and felt more like we were in a top country cottage.

We were lucky enough to be the first ones in the Bluebells nest this season and therefore we were the first ones to try out the hot tub. It was already fired up for us when we arrived so that we could give it a go that evening. I mean what's not to like - Sitting in steaming hot hot tub, Looking up at the stars by candlelight, hearing the owls hoot as they fly around in the trees be hind, and all with an obligatory glass of red wine in hand. Bliss.

We tried out all the activities whilst we were there, and even though we mistakenly turned up an hour late for the farm tour, John was kind enough to complete a quick tour with us anyway. We really appreciated this as with it being a working farm we realised John probably had a lot of other things that he could probably of been getting on with.

Collecting the fresh eggs each day was great, Yvonne and I had a great time milking goats but would probably need a bit more practice if we were to make good farm hands. The Baby goats were very very cute, had to stop Yvonne from trying to steal and take home the one from our photos.

We were pretty lucky with the weather (first week in April). We had one lovely day and even though we had some drizly days it didn't matter one bit as when we weren't able to get out flying kites and playing frisbee, we were able to cosy up inside, playing cards, boards games and relaxing with a good book on the leather sofas, with the fire going.

So as I mentioned, I asked Yvonne to marry me whilst we were away (she said Yes by the way woohoo) and as a congratulation Sharon baked us a lovely heart shaped sponge with fresh cream and Jam. This was a really lovely touch and tasted great, Thanks Sharon.

We ate out one night at the black horse in market bosworth which we thought was great, really good food and we thought that is was pretty reasonable. The rest of the time I earned man points by cooking our food on the wood fired stove, including Pie and mash and spaghetti carbonara. Its a lot easier than I thought and the stove keeps the tent nice and warm.

We also spent one afternoon at market bosworth where we walked around the country park, and had some refreshments at the tea shop in the centre of town. Was a real nice afternoon out.

We had such a great 5 days at the Dandelion Hideaway, and want to say a big thankyou to you, John and Sharon for creating such a wonderful place where we

Lloyd & Yvonne

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SydneyWelshrarebit

Reviewed 18 May 2014

A truly original experience. We had a fabulous long weekend at the Dandelion Hideaway. The accommodation was amazing and though it hardly counts as camping, it was provided to an exceptional standard. Our little lad loved the hens, goats, ducks and the farm life in general. John and Sharon, who own the farm, were amazing hosts and made us feel very welcome. We would recommend taking time out for the farm tour, goat milking, the Shetland Pony grooming and a daily visit to the goat maternity ward (too cute for words!). It was great to see a working farm (one of 20 ish goat milk farms in the UK) rather than some 'canned' experience.

The 'tents' are amazing and finished to a very high standard and beats the Featherdown Farm experience twice over in my humble opinion. There was nothing 'tired' about the furnishings and my wife and I have taken several tips for our own home (especially the wall paper of all things). You don't need anything other than clothes and a bit of food as everything is provided for you. There is an honesty shop for most things including marshmallows that can be savored at the camp fire. Many thanks to the American family that introduced us to s'mores!

We will definitely be going again. I would go to 6 out of 5 but TripAdvisor wont let me!

Room Tip: Bluebell tent has a tree house and hot tub!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Oliver G
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We recently got married in Market Bosworth and used the dandelion hideaway as our base the night before the wedding for myself and the bridesmaids and the week afterwards as a honeymoon. It was absolutely fantastic, John and Sharon could not have made us feel more welcome. The 'tents' were so luxurious it was definitely so much better than any hotel could have been. The week afterwards was so peaceful, we spent lazy days in the hot tub, reading books and collecting eggs from the chickens. It was the best honeymoon we could have hoped for and fingers crossed we'll be returning!

Thank you so much John and Sharon we really appreciate it.
Lorna and Neil

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorna D
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We have just returned from what must be regarded as the best camping experience we have ever had! To say camping is an understatement, its home from home, its got everything including the kitchen sink, a bell staff no less set in a wooden oak unit with what can only be described as the most unusual sink bowl you have ever seen!!!! It takes you a while to realize that there is no electricity and believe us you wont miss it. Don't book any trips away, just take in the whole relaxing experience! We also loved spending our days on the farm and we never thought that we could fall in love with so many goats so quickly! It has been wonderful looking after the hens and collecting there fresh eggs every day! Our only fault is that we never booked a longer stay!!! Both John and Sharon have been excellent at making us feel so welcome and allowing us to help out on the farm with the hen keeping, goat milking and pony grooming! Already looking to book another stay in the summer!
Abby and Dave!

1  Thank Robyn W
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have just spent Easter at Dandelion Hideaway and stayed in Badgers Sett for four nights - it was utter bliss and just as good as the first time we stayed and the second time.
Farmer John and Sharon put on lots of activities for the children (pony grooming, goat milking, Easter Egg Hunt and Nature Adventure). We collected chicken eggs each day, our eldest helped put the chickens away every night, cuddled a four day old baby goat and watched a baby goat being born - which was pretty amazing.
We had the best time and can't recommend the place enough, on our last night we even treated ourselves to one of Sharon's Farmhouse Suppers which arrived with an alcoholic fruit punch to drink on the terrace as we watched the sun go down .... being back at work is just so dull ......

2  Thank celia_ford
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We live in a city and normally holiday in cities mostly because not having a car limits us. However, I was lucky enough to win this holiday and so we looked up train times and found it was a trip we could manage.

And it was worth it. My husband I and loved the farm, the wonderful canvas cottages with the warming stove. And for my daughter it was the running wild, Enid Blyton adventure I wanted it to be. She made friends with the other children and had a wonderful time playing and exploring.

I loved the chickens and the goats. It was so good to stay on a working farm but have the luxury of our canvas cottages.

I would thoroughly recommend The Dandelion Hideaway.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Skilovingme
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have just returned for the most amazing relaxing stay at The Dandelion Hideaway. The cottages have everything you could want for. Both john and Sharon are very passionate about what they do and it shows in the attention to detail and the most amazing hospitality. Our children aged 4,9 & 14 all enjoyed the variety of Easter activities Nd spending time on the farm. We have been home for a few hours and have already been looking at the available dates for our next trip. Highly recommend

1  Thank Sacha C

Been to The Dandelion Hideaway? Share your experiences!