So this was the third resort we visited in July - August. We wanted to see all of the island. This was the final stop and chosen for total relaxation.
The service is what makes the Ritz brand so vaunted. From the valet quickly learning our names to the awesome cabana attendants to the best beach bartenders this place is about pampering the guests.
The beach was gorgeous! It's only drawback was the afternoon wind. Sometimes the sand blasted us. The resort sits on a bluff above the cove and it's a serious walk for some. Luckily golf carts can provide rides. We loved the slow pace of the resort being far from the beach.
We rented both types of cabanas. The simple one is $100 a day and has a refrigerator with unlimited sodas.
The better kind was $300 a day and we much preferred it. Those cabanas overlooked the pool with a view over the ocean. The others face the pool with the hotel as a background. Those cabanas had televisions, a ceiling fan, robes, a sofa, refrigerator and more room. It's a must.
We had an evening flight out so the hotel let us use stay all day and enjoy the pool. They gave us keys to the gym's private bathrooms so we could shower and change.
An example of the service: my son kept coming back to the cabanas with fruit smoothies. He said the hotel would let him trade in two cans of soda for the delicious smoothies. He did this for days and we made sure he took tips to them. Our last day week mentioned the great deal (especially since the cabanas had unlimited sodas and the smoothies were about $15 each). The bartender said that was definitely not hotel policy. They made him that deal just to be nice. Amazing service!
We loved this resort. I cannot wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Odigeo, Marriott, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz Lahaina
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui