The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua
The Kapalua Villas, Maui(Kapalua)(Great Value!)
US$235
Hotels.com
US$1,402
US$1,351
US$384
US$360
US$251
US$296
Aston at Papakea Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$302
US$337
US$286
Official Website
US$376
US$466
US$525
3,666 results
All reviewsthe banyan treeclub levelresidential suiteburger shackhonolua storesushi restaurantterrace restaurantour honeymoonkapalua areadt fleming beachfour seasonspineapple grillcoastal trailplantation housegeneral storelobby barbeautiful property
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at other Ritz hotels and this one didn't measure up to the others. This is an average place. The dining staff are dressed like busboys and judo outfits, server only came by to take the order and leave a check-that was it- no offer if anything else, coffee bistro staff are not that friendly, beach and hotel towels should be updated as they are worn out, concierge person I spoke with didn't know what she was talking about, and came in contact with the only "genuine" person that seemed to care about our stay was the front desk staff and "Ken" who I've seen in passing. Maybe in Hawaii, the Ritz philosophy is not instilled. I spent a week prior to this weeks visit to the Ritz at Mauna Lani Bay Resort on the Big Island and they got it nailed down on how to treat guests. Will not be coming back again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 860elaineg
The Ritz Carlto... K, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Aloha Elaine – thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience with us. The service you describe below is certainly not up to the standards we expect from our ladies and gentlemen and is not acceptable. I sincerely apologize that you experienced anything less than the genuine care and service for which Ritz-Carlton is known. I can assure you that I have taken your notes into consideration and will be addressing this with the appropriate parties. That said, I’m pleased to hear that our front desk staff provided the service you should expect from a Ritz-Carlton resort and to let you know that we do have improvements planned for our pool experience. If you have the time, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in greater detail about your stay. I may be reached via phone at 808-665-7037 or by email at ian.mcphee@ritzcarlton.com I thank you again and hope that you will consider a future stay with us. Me Ke Aloha Pumehana (with warmest regards), Ian McPhee, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Lovely views, excellent food, cheerful staff, always clean. Loved it! You can never go wrong with a Ritz Carlton. Family or couple friendly as they have an "adult only pool" (16 yrs and older) can swim or sunbath here and not be splashed by kids playing, which is nice. Also a great beach area. Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: I don't think you could get a "bad room". Love the "café" where you can grab coffee, breakfast or lunch...all well done...very organic, wholesome mixed with yummy pastry/sandwich items to choose from. The Honolua store just off property is an excellent place for these items as well.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristen2121
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We went on Easter holiday and was fantastic!!!
The room, the kids pool, all the flowers and everything was just perfect!!! We loved it!!
It has a huge grass that my daughter couldnt get enough of it .
Its paradise!!!
The people are super nice !!!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Tatiambrosio
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just arrived home from a 6 night say at this property. The main areas of this hotel are great. lobby, pool, fitness center, etc... However, I can't say that my entire experience was great.This hotel was not inexpensive, my Marriott Platinum status and $350 a night (plus $30 resort fee) got me a ground floor room with no view. When I arrived to my room, there were 2-3 huge spider webs on my patio (with spiders that I wanted nothing to do with), they were still there when I left, 6 days later. There was also a used housekeeping rag on my patio when I checked in, that too was still there when I left. The sushi restaurant on the lobby was closed the first 3 nights I was at the hotel? My bathroom sink drain was broke and took 2 days for housekeeping/maintenance to fix. This property has the potential to be a 5 star property. The property is really beautiful and in a great location. The amenities are first class, but for the money and my "Ritz" expectations, this wasn't my best stay.

Room Tip: my room was 4th floor which was two floors below the lobby and ground floor. higher the floor the better at this property.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank becauseican68
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Family of 5, first stay at Ritz for 7 nights. Fast, curteous reception at front desk. Suite was very large with microwave, fridge, freezer, toaster, etc. Furniture was dated. Three large TVs although main TV in living area didnt work well - call maintenance - replaced TV - still would not work 80% of time - probably poor cable connection. Grounds were immaculant. Rained every day - very windy - could not enjoy ocean swim. However shuttles would take us to better wind protected beaches. Pools were not really kid friendly. Staff was great! Food was good. Self parking was overpriced. Bed was very comfortable. However there was a loud high pitch wistle that occured every night 2-3 times waking us up (we think it had to do with the plubing but are not certain). Our ocean view, didnt have an ocean view unless we walked out on the balcony (then if we looked to the left we had a nice view). Kapalua is a long ways from many other island activities. We did the road to Hana (great trip) and upon return (after 6 hours of driving) we had 3 hour road jam around Lahaina trying to return to Kapalua. Had a great meal at Merrimans which we found as the only "great" restaurant in the west Maui area. I probably would not recommend the Ritz or stay there again - due to the weather in that area and the distance to other Maui activities.

Room Tip: The suites were very spacious. The pools were good for adults. The views from the Ritz are beautiful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family