The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua
The Kapalua Villas, Maui(Kapalua)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$342
US$251
US$296
Orbitz.com
Aston at Papakea Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$428
  • Beachfront
US$376
Kahana Falls(Lahaina)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,666 results
All reviewsthe banyan treeclub levelresidential suiteburger shackhonolua storesushi restaurantterrace restaurantour honeymoonkapalua areadt fleming beachfour seasonspineapple grillcoastal trailplantation housegeneral storelobby barbeautiful property
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was my 2nd stay at the Ritz in the last 2 years. Both have been great. I love the fact that it is not in the middle of all the hotel chains further down in Kaanapali. It is perfect if you are not looking for crowds and don't need a lot of nightlife. Both times I have been upgraded to a Residential Suite. It is so huge and makes you feel like you have your own apartment along with great amenities. The pool area is large with the adult pool in the middle. Cabanas are very cheap... $100 for the basic tent and chairs or $300 for the nice ones with TV's, Couches, etc. The wind is heavy and helps keep you cool. Everyone talks about how much it rains on this end of the island. I was there for 10 days and it rained 3 days. We used that time to explore other parts of the island and shop in Lahaina. I recommend getting a car since it is pretty far out. Valet is $30 and self park is $18. Drinks in the lobby bar are $15. The bartenders are great. Matt, Aubree and Mark made sure we had a good time and always had good answers to our questions. The only negative I can think of is I wish their room service menu had more selections. Be sure and walk across the street to the Honolua store for breakfast. It ranges from $7-10 instead of the $30 you will pay at the hotel. I am already planning my next trip to Maui and the Ritz is definitely where I will stay.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to a Residential Suite in the Honolua wing. It is worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Enjoy a lovely stay at this hotel. Grounds are absolutely lovely and the staff are incredibly helpful. Beach is fairly quiet albeit a bit of a distance from the hotel. We met folks that stayed in the residential suites and they encourage us to try them next time we're there.

Room Tip: Oceanfront only
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We've stayed here twice, once in 2005 and again in 2009.

Our first stay there was absolutely wonderful. The staff went above and beyond, which frankly, we expect at a Ritz. We had the "Mercedes Package" which I don't know if they offer anymore, but we had the use of an SLK350 which was awesome. The food was great, the beach was wonderful and the whole trip was just perfect.

We returned in 2009 with our family (a group of 7) to celebrate my grandmothers birthday. This trip was not so great. Apparently, the hotel had lost most of its staff and the hired whoever they could find. Most of the staff was rude and unhelpful. They called 2 of our rooms twice with 5am wakeup calls that we didn't want, request or need. They sent a picnic basket full of the wrong food on the wrong day. Then, when we needed it, it wasn't ready (or right).

Hopefully since then, they have trained or replaced that staff, but I would check recent reviews before booking. Be sure you're going to get true Ritz service before you spend the money.

Room Tip: Request a lanai facing the beach on the first level.
1  Thank Mrs D
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Loved our stay at the Ritz, not only for the great service, beautiful location, and great room but very close to Honolua Bay (short drive) & other surf spots within walking distance. Food is fantastic and love the lunch spot right on the beach!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are accustomed to five star service and expect every little thing to be taken care of for you, this is not the place for you. Although the hotel's housekeeping, pool and concierge service are exceptional, every other area of the hotel could use some more training. The Taxi coordinator, Ruth, was on point about 85% of the time. We would order taxi's in advance, only to wait an additional 20 minutes for a cab, making us late to various activities. We also overheard other guests complain due to lost rental cars and over an hour wait for their luggage to be delivered to their room. The Beach needs a good raking and constant clean up. There are no chairs or servers on the beach, thus creating a mass amount of towels and plastic cups being left behind. The service at the pool bar restaurant could be far more attentive. Some tables were left unattended to, resulting in several birds eating leftovers. The golf cart that is assigned to take you up and down the hill, from to the hotel to the beach, is rarely there. This hotel is a gorgeous property and that staff is good but not great. They very rarely go that extra mile that other five star resorts usually do. For example, most five star hotels are in the habit of escorting you to locations on the hotel, if asked for directions. This Ritz attempts to give you directions but you are mostly on your own. Instead of being offered things, you are constantly asking. There isn't a lot wrong with this hotel, the staff are simply missing that extra level of service. I would expect this to be rated a 4 star hotel, not 5.

Room Tip: Don't expect a full ocean view when booking a deluxe ocean view room. You will have to lean over your balcony to see the ocean. It seemed as though the only rooms with full frontal ocean views are the suites.
4  Thank GiaNinna S
The Ritz Carlto... K, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Aloha GiaNinna S, I deeply apologize that our service did not exceed your expectations. Our ladies and gentlemen go through intense and continual guest service training to ensure that they deliver excellent service to our guests and I am sorry to hear that you experienced anything less. I have made notes on each point that you outlined and will address it with the team so we can continue to improve. Should you like to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email at ian.mcphee@ritzcarlton.com or by phone at 808-665-7037. Mahalo again for taking the time to leave your review and I hope that you will consider The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua for a future stay. Me Ke Aloha Pumehana, Ian McPhee, Hotel Manager.