21 people are viewing this hotel
RitzCarlton.com
Free cancellation until 10/07/22
Free cancellation until 07/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Free cancellation until 14/07/22
Expedia.comUS$1,255
Hotels.comUS$1,255
PricelineUS$1,248
4,325 results
All reviews the banyan tree burger shack residential suite club level honolua store dt fleming beach kapalua area sushi restaurant our honeymoon four seasons coastal trail plantation house general store lobby bar beautiful property pool staff ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2019

Not very happy. Dirty room ,they would not let me get my phone out of car so I'm not happy the did give me 200.00 back for crap service . Way too expensive 100.00 for room service for French toast and sausage .........really? There was one bell hop who was super nice but that was it

Date of stay: August 2019
RCKapalua, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Maui Kapalua, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2019

Aloha Lisa M – I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen along with other aspects of your stay. This is certainly not typical of our resort or the high service standards to which we hold ourselves. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate management teams in an effort to identify key focus areas for improvement. Should you wish to discuss your stay in greater detail, please contact me at the resort by calling 808-669-6200. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest Aloha,
Kevin Peterson
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

Don’t get me wrong - if you are looking for a place to relax, lounge by the pool and beach, swim in the ocean and be away from the masses, all while being pampered by great service, look no further. This is the place for you. This resort could easily receive a 5-star review if the dining/food options were better. They are significantly lacking and do not reflect Hawaiian cuisine, flavor or culture. How can a beach resort of this caliber limit its menus to burgers, only one type of tacos, or chicken wings? This is unacceptable. We would have eaten many more meals at the hotel had the menus been better and more varied. Such a surprising -and major- flaw for what otherwise would be a wonderful resort. I had heard that the dining options were bad prior to our stay, but did not expect them to be so poor.

3  Thank Marcopolo20th
Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

We got to Maui on a Friday morning around 8 and drove out to Kapalua as soon as we got our car, with a couple short stops along the way.

We were greeted with cowrie shell necklaces/leis and yummy teas. We had requested an early check-in for 10 am (I am a Platinum Premier Elite member) but our room wasn’t ready until around 4pm. Maybe because we booked this trip with points?

Luckily we had reserved a cabana for the day, so we left our bags with the valet and went straight to the pool. The cabana was great and I definitely recommend it if you plan to hang out by the pool all day. We never received our fruit platter and the service to our cabana was scarce. More than once we had to chase down a server to order a drink (you’d think if a customer is willing to buy a weak $20 cocktail, the servers would be eager to keep coming by). It rained a little during the day and the cabana was a nice refuge, although it did get a bit wet. Also, I think they should add more bathrooms by the pool... there were only three stalls in the ladies room.

The room was clean and nice but not really anything that special. Great view but long walks to/from the lobby, valet, pool, etc and we were less than halfway down the building. Valet was always quick and so kind. View from the lobby was amazing.

We didn’t spend that much time at the hotel other than the first day. Most of our time was spent exploring the island in our super cool Jeep rental!

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

I booked the resort only by the name, as Ritz Carlton should be good accommodations. I was not disappointed. If I could remember my room number I would post it, it was perfect. Upon arrival we were treated like vip's. My room was "Ocean front", but there is no Ocean front here since it's a short walk to the beach. The beach is very nice and the restaurant next to it was ok. The pool is nothing special but the service around it is spectacular. The staff was so helpful. I was on my third island and wanted to dive around turtle cove and mokali cove. I could not book anything online as everything was sold out. After I checked in I spoke with a activities coordinator and they went out of their way too find me a boat. If only I remembered her name so the hotel could give her the credit she deserves. The grounds are beautiful. The staff is wonderful. The room was nothing special, but it was outside the pool and I got to know the room keeper, and she was a rip. My next time bank in Maui I will definitely be staying here.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank evo1049
Reviewed 19 August 2019

I have been fortunate to visit Hawaii more than 10+ times, Maui three times previously, but have always stayed on the Wailea side. As a Titanium Platinum member (and a Ritz fan), my daughters (21, 24) and I opted to stay at the Ritz in Kapalua. We weren't on the property for more than two hours before we were on our laptops checking for availability in Wailea. We were disappointed with the entire experience:

Check-in: no leis; offered tea in a plastic cup
Ambiance: the lobby and lounge area are dark and could have used more tropical plants. The view from the lounge was amazing.
Pools: small pools; there was little shade and the cabanas were full.
Beach: we knew in advance the beach was a hike. They did offer a shuttle. The cabana's were few and not on the beach. We didn't lay out once.
Grounds: again, not very tropical; would be vastly improved with some planting.
Hawaiian Music: where was it? Play it when you check in and around the pool.
Cafe: loved this for morning coffee and breakfast items. Wish it was open longer than 3pm
Cocktail area: this just seemed like a bar in a downtown hotel. Could be more open and festive. After first day, we went off property for all dinner and drinks.
Spa: amazing experience from start to finish
Gym: top notch
Buffet: skip. At $42, it was limited. Servers didn't even bring juice and it didn't include a mimosa.

You will see reviews that the water went out at the hotel. We had to cancel dinner plans as we couldn't shower after hiking - there were many upset guests. The manager did address this and made amends - thank you!

No benefits for Titanium members other than late check-out.

Staff was amazing from valets, to bellhops, to front-desk to maids, etc.

Has potential.

Room tip: Ask for oceanfront of oceanview
6  Thank clgoneill3
RCKapalua, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Maui Kapalua, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2019

Aloha clgoneill3 and mahalo for your loyalty as a Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Platinum member. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience both areas you enjoyed as well as opportunities for improvement. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the first-class service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen along with Kai Café, our relaxing spa and top-notch fitness center. That said, I was disappointed that other aspects of your stay did not exceed your expectations and apologize that you experienced the water outage. While this does not happen often, we understand how it can affect plans our guests have made. We appreciate your understanding and hope you enjoyed the rest of your time on Maui’s pristine Northwest shore.

Warmest Aloha,