“Doesn't disappoint!”

Kapalua Plantation Course
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Kapalua
More attraction details
Owner description: Consistently ranked as the #1 golf course in Hawaii, playing The Plantation Course is sure to be on every golfer's bucket list. Designed by Ben Crenshaw and Bill Coore, the course was designed on a grand scale in keeping with its location on the slopes of the West Maui Mountains and offers dramatic ocean views from virtually every hole. Its lengthy 7,411 yard par 73 layout challenges the pros but it's wide fairways and generous greens make it very playable for the average golfer. With dramatic elevation changes, this course offers plenty of downhill tee shots. You'll feel like one of the pros when - with the aid of the aggressive slope of the 18th fairway - you will enjoy hitting one of the longest drives of your life. The Plantation Course is the site of the PGA TOUR Hyundai Tournament of Champions each January featuring an elite field of previous year's PGA TOUR winners.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I came to the Plantation Course back in the '90s when the Mercedes Benz Championship was hosted at the Plantation Course. It was always a wonderful time and we have talked about returning for years. We finally made it back with our grown son. He has heard about this golf course most of his life. Playing this course with all our memories and now sharing it with our son- PRICELESS! The course is still as beautiful and challenging as it was back then. It is still so well maintained that it seems like we were back in time. We created more wonderful memories!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"in great condition"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Probably on every golfer's bucket-list the Plantation course at Kapalua remains as one of my favorite golf experiences. Having played the course over a dozen times in the last 25 years, the panoramic views from almost every hole are simply breath-taking. A great combination of mountain vistas and weeping coastline and sea views, it remains a challenging golf experience, especially if the wind is blowing! To me, the scenic aspects
of the course are equal to "Pebble" Not inexpensive (get the resort rate if possible) but
you'll be rewarded ten fold in your memory bank. The Plantation House Restaurant & Bar is a great place to finish your round.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

My husband and daughter played the Kampala Plantation Course today and I have to say it was truly one of the most beautiful courses they have played! The guys in the pro shop were so helpful and kind! Bart the starter was amazing and he made my daughter who is 15 feel so special. The picture opportunities from every hole were incredible. We had lunch afterwards and the food was great! Everyone was so friendly!!!! The money is so worth playing this once in a lifetime course!!!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Wow! I’ve been fortunate to play a lot of nice courses, but Kapalua Plantation Course is definitely a bucket list course and at the top 1/2 of courses I’ve played. Every employee was fantastic, the Pro Shop was terrific and the course itself, was awesome. The greens are very difficult to figure out and super fast. The course is very unforgiving if you do not keep it in the fairway. You have beautiful views from all holes and challenges abound. If you can play it a second time, your score will improve with familiarity of course. My goal was to stay under 90 and I succeeded with 86. After loosing 4 balls after 6 holes due to unfamiliarity, I settled down, played more conservative and tried to keep it in the short grass

1  Thank mlw1959