I'm sort of blown away by any negative reviews of this place. I have spent the year in numerous hotels and accommodations and nothing has compared to my trip to Maui and Kapalua.
Background: My husband and I booked 7 nights through AA Vacations luxury Maui sale - first class flights and an upgraded (renovated) 1 bdr villa.
We had an oceanview which the reviews of trip advisor said were better than ocean front because you got a better view...I don't necessarily agree. We had an AWESOME view but it really depends where you villa is located on the property, so its sorta hit or miss. I REALLY wish we asked for an oceanfront when we booked...they were totally full when we arrived.
ANYWAY doesn't matter, because we had such an amazing time:
-Isolated, romantic location which some of the top rated beaches in Maui - Napali and Kapalua
- Granite counters, super clean 1 bdr condo with all the kitchen gear you would need and then some
- Comfortable king size bed
- 2 flat screen TVs
- Insane views of the ocean...our bedroom had 2 full walls of windows!
- Deck furniture so you can sit out on your balcony or lanai
-cleaning supplies if you need them (dish soap etc)
- full washer and dryer
- luxury marble bathroom...they put plants in our shower - so beautiful
- friendly staff
- close to the Ritz and beautiful safe walking grounds
- You will spend the rest of your life comparing resorts to this place!!!
- Only one - cleaning service is $$$$ and they don't come by to empty your trashes or anything unless you pay and request it. We did not have the villa cleaned and just kept it tidy ourselves. There are trash bins around so you can take out the trash as needed.
For me and my husband, we just wanted an isolated place where we could relax and cook for ourselves. There's a grocery store about 10 mins away with everything you could need. It was so nice to just open a bottle of wine and make some pasta! There's a dishwasher too...
The walking trails alone the beach are...UNBELIEVEBLY beautiful. Seriously...Our tour guide for Hana told us Kapalua used to be the main attraction for tourists until Outrigger bought the property...Now its secluded and so pristine...I just love it. I can't wait to go back!! Book early!!
It only rained in the AM, for maybe 10 mins...Kapalua doesn't get a ton of rain. Just enough to keep it green.
The general store was closed for renovation so we didn't get to see it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kapalua Villas are located on the beautiful Kapalua Resort on the west side of the island of Maui. Offering 1, 2 and 3 bedroom condominium accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Kapalua Villas, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kapalua Villas Hotel Kapalua
- Kapalua Hotel Lahaina
- Kapalua Resort Lahaina
- Kapalua Villas Maui
- The Kapalua Villas, Maui