“Heaven!”
Review of Hacienda Horses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mollina
Hacienda Horses
London, United Kingdom
“Heaven!”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I’m not sure a review will ever do this place justice or begin to describe how much we loved Cortijo Uribe! My friend and I spend 4 amazing days here, and were so sad to leave. We weren’t sure what to expect when we booked, however we needed have worried… it was everything we wanted and much, much more!

Firstly, the welcome was fantastic. Christine greeted us both like old friends and within minutes we were already feeling at home. The accommodation and all the facilities are fantastic. Christine and Paul have really got it right, with lovely beds, powerful showers and great little extra touches like slippers and toiletries. The pool area and terraces are gorgeous, and the lounges are wonderful with comfortable sofas and books, games and photographs. I particularly loved the kitchen, and enjoyed eating breakfast at the table whilst Diego pottered around us. The whole place really felt like home, and was so comfortable and relaxing. The food was amazing- Diego is a wonderful chef, who works so hard, and every meal was delicious. The staff are all fantastic and cannot do enough for you- we felt very spoilt! We even had fantastic massages before we came home, which was a real treat.

The yard is great (the cleanest I have ever seen!) and the horses are beautifully kept and cared for. The horses are truly fantastic and such amazing quality. They are wonderfully trained and Christine really does have horses to suit everyone, from complete novices up to very advanced riders. Tanya and Bill are both amazing instructors – experienced, patient and lots of fun. We did several wonderful hacks through the olive groves, including a picnic-ride with the best spread I have ever had (thanks Diego!), but also took the opportunity to have lots of lessons with Tanya in the school. She offered by far the best tuition I have ever had, and even in 4 days my riding improved hugely. I was even brave enough to jump with her- something I haven’t done for almost 7 years. Meg, in particular, is a superb horse and she helped improve my confidence no end.

The dogs are great too, such fantastic characters that make the place even more special. Christine and Paul work so hard to rescue and rehome horses and dogs, and Christine has some wonderful stories about dogs they have rehomed in the UK. What we didn’t realise before we went is that Cortijo Uribe is run as a charitable organisation. Any extra money is used to help provide animal welfare and the ultimate goal is to provide riding holidays for the disabled. They aim to support the local community where possible by employing staff from Mollina village and sourcing food locally. The whole ethos is spot on, and it really is a very special place.

I could go on forever- it was genuinely the most relaxing, most wonderful holiday I have ever had. Cortijo Uribe is an amazing place – the accommodation, horses, food, staff and other guests were truly fantastic. I couldn’t fault anything if I tried. It was fantastic value for money, and worth every penny. Building work is still going on, to create a games room and fitness centre, so this place is only going to get better! Go, if you possibly can- you won’t regret it.

Christine, thank you so much for an amazing stay- we can’t wait to come back. Hasta luego!

Room Tip: Christine was kind enough to upgrade us to Sunset room- a fantastic 2-bed, 2-bath apartment with a w...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Welshpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

If you are looking for a riding holiday with excellent tuition, rides out through the olive groves, comfortable accommodation, friendly and attentive staff, authentic spanish cuisine in wonderful surroundings look no further than Cortijo Uribe. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 'Olivers' appartment, first floor, overlooking the central courtyard. Kitch...
Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My husband and I saw this wonderful place in the Times supplement and we booked direct. We were in need of a much needed break in a peaceful location and Cortijo Uribe exceeded all our expectations. We stayed in the Blue Room in the main house which is a beautiful suite with lovely views to the paddocks, the surrounding olive groves and the distant mountains. Our hosts, Christine and Paul made us very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. All the staff made us feel very welcome and the riding instruction was fantastic. I have ridden since a child but I learned so much more in three lessons due to the patience of the instructors Tanya and William and even managed some basic dressage as the horses were so beautifully well schooled. The lovely well behaved dogs kept us constant company and we fell in love with little Bandit. All in all a lovely holiday and we are looking forward to returning very soon.

Room Tip: The beautiful Blue Room is an excellent choice out of season as it has a very comfortable lounge wit...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Booked this holiday through Equestrain Escapes and thought that the build up my friend and I gave the holiday might mean that our week would not live up to the hype......how wrong was I! The place, the staff, the food and the horses were AMAZING! Immediatly felt like a member of the Cortijo Uribe family. My friend and I arre very much into horse rding and if thats what your looking for then look no further than here. Horses with character and bags of energy, great for schooling or hacking in the Campo. Jasper was amazing and you would never think he was 23! Birdy was a true gentle gaint. However if riding isnt your thing Cortijo Uribe is the perfect base for you holiday. Every member of the staff went out of their way to make you feel comfortable and nothing was too much trouble. Im really fussy with my food and the wonderful Chief Diego made me something just for me every night! Just be careful you don't come home with a dog in your suitcase!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
East Grinstead
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Loved it, loved it!

My wife and I booked here to use the Cortijo Uribe as a base to visit the usual sights in Andalucia as it is perfectly placed - equidistant to visit Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Ronda and Antequerra. We didn't actually realise it was a superb equine centre until we arrived.

We loved it so much especially the pool and the food that we ate there almost every evening and were having lunch out in the cities. We felt like we were staying at a country house for the week. The village of Mollina's Fiera and the Cinta were great fun.

What a great team, what a great setting, we would love to go back and get back to riding.
The owners Chris and Paul and all the staff are creating something very special here. Raffa the puppy is a poppet, we wanted to take him home but he wouldn't fit in the suitcase!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the place. Fitness centre being planned.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Firstly this is one of those places I would rather keep a secret!
What more can I say.
We spent a week at Cortijo Uribe near Mollina, Spain and it was the best time we have had in a long time. We are extensive travellers and this year alone between us we have visited more than 10 countries and nothing beats this place for a relaxing chill out! We wished we had time to stay longer.

The location is very peaceful yet situated about 5 mins from the lovely village of Mollina. The accomodation was excellent, very comfortable, with en-suite with air con, Sky TV and WiFi.

The pool is private, you can eat al fresco and its a safe place to bring your family. The area is spotless including the stables very clean and well managed. Your hosts Christine and Paul and the riding instructors Becky, Vix and Cassie are all like old friends. You could come here by yourself or with your family and feel right at home.

Based near the cities of Malaga, Granada and Seville if you like to sightsee also only 45 mins from the coast. We had good intensions of sightseeing however the Cortijo was that wonderful we didnt want to leave :-)

Just a short drive and you can visit a wonderful lake and surround villages "real Spain".

Relax by the pool, read a book, enjoy a stroll or a ride in the olive groves and then a meal and a glass of wine as the sunsets - Heaven!

You WILL be looked after and you wont want to go home :-)

Thank you and we can't wait to visit again!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebeccasarah
UK
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We spent a long weekend at Cortijo Uribe near Mollina, Spain and wished we had time to stay longer. The location is so peaceful situated in the middle of acres of olive groves with wonderful views to the mountains in the far distance. The accomodation was excellent, very comfortable, all rooms en-suite with air con, Sky TV and WiFi.
The pool is private with comfortable loungers around the pool to relax. We were able to eat al fresco even for breakfast and there are several different places to sit outside to eat and chill out depending on whether you want shade or sun.
If you are into horse riding this is a fantastic location. There are both Spanish and English horses and all English tack which is very comfortable, clean and supple and fits the horses. All the horses are in fabulous condition and forward going.
The rides we did were very good. We went around the olive groves, out to the nearest hostelry, and hacked to Mollina to join a procession taking a statue of the "virgin of the olives" through the village. This last event was great fun, where our host Paul brought a picnic at the end of the processsion and we hacked home in the dark rather faster than we had arrived probably due to the wine we had all been drinking at the picnic!
Our visit was planned so we could also visit Jerez horse fair being only a couple of hours drive away. This was another fantastic day out seeing the spanish horses and riders in all their finery, I have never seen so many horses on parade in this fashion, it really was an amazing sight. Then on our last day we went to a restaurant overlooking a lake in the mountains which was such contrasting scenery to the plains it seemed like a different country to Spain and only an hour away from the Cortijo.
All in all, a wonderful location that is unique and steeped in its own history but only an hour from Malaga airport.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollina
Molino Saydo Hotel
#2 of 15 in Antequera
Casa Rural Aire
Casa Rural Aire
#1 of 1 in Fuente de Piedra

Been to Hacienda Horses? Share your experiences!