“By far the best riding holiday you could ask for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hacienda Horses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mollina
Hacienda Horses
Hexham, United Kingdom
“By far the best riding holiday you could ask for!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Having been last year I knew I could expect beautiful accommodation, delicious & varied food (as a veggie this is not to be taken for granted, especially in Spain!), stunning horses, friendly and attentive staff, and the latest troupe of adorable rescue puppies and dogs looking for their forever home.
This time round we were also going on the Il Tempranillo ride, a two day trek taking in over 70km of fabulous scenery with plenty of time for photos, lunch, and lovely long canters! At the beginning of the holiday you are paired with your horse for the ride so that you may get to know each other and ensure you will make a good team. I rode Picassa and fell in love immediately, if only I could have brought her home!
The riding is nothing like back home, road work was minimal and the right to roam meant total freedom; our guide led us expertly through the diverse terrain and showed us spots where Il Tempranillo was known to have spent time. The over night accommodation was in a charming traditional house that is part of a converted olive mill, and the wonderful courtyard is a great bbq area.
I can't recommend this place enough, once you've been you will definitely want to go back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Nueva Andalucia
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

It s a perfect Cortijo for riding, good horses and a super instructer who learnt us a lot. I Will go back to this lovely place. And if you want to se some of Spain you can visit both Sevilla and Cordoba during a day.

Stayed February 2014
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband suprised me with a special birthday treat with a trip to the Cortijo to celebrate in style. Our hosts Christine and Paul created a special day of superb riding, followed by an excellent birthday meal finished off with a beautiful cake! We stayed in the new Tower Room - a lovely beamed three storey apartment with beautiful views from the tower and complete with a luxurious four poster bed. This was my fourth visit to the Cortijo and each visit gets better as the horses, dogs and staff become friends. Although there are also new faces each time as the ethos of the Cortijo is to rescue and rehome horses and dogs, which Christine and Paul do wonderfully. In fact our own puppy Diego came to the UK last year following one of our visits.

I have also just returned from my fifth visit which included the new two day trail following the footsteps of El Tempranillo, a local bandit from the 1800s. We stayed overnight in an old mill house in Jauja and visited the museum of Jose Maria Tempranillo the following day before making our way back following a circular route. It was an fantastic experience riding beautiful horses through lovely countryside. Looking forward to my next visit soon!

Room Tip: The Tower Room is very romantic
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Its been a month since my fabulous holiday at the Cortijo Uribe. It was my second visit with my daughters but this time culminated in an exciting 2 day ride across a variety of beautiful landscapes.Its amazing to be able to ride with the freedom of no walls or fences that we have at home. We hardly touched a road except to cross onto other tracks. There were many opportunities for long canters. We stayed in a lovely traditional house in the village of Jueva whilst the horses were stabled nearby. We were following the route of a famous bandit called El Tempranillo. It was such an enjoyable experience and gave us a greater insight into the surrounding countryside. Time spent at the Cortijo either riding , swimming, eating or exploring is absolutely heavenly. Christine, Paul and all the staff are wonderful. I am already planning to return at the end of the year!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 689Pat
Christine H, Owner at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hi Judith,
Many thanks for your kind comments and we are so glad that once again you enjoyed the Cortijo Uribe experience. We very much look forward to your next visit.
On your 5th visit you are now very much one of the Uribe family.
Warm regards
Christine
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were welcomed back by Christine and all her friendly staff and arrived in time for a delicious lunch - the chef cooks amazing food and takes care with the presentation. After a small rest we were riding again the horses we had met six months ago. Riding through olive groves and vineyards in the sunshine - beautiful views and a fun ride. The accommodation is very comfortable and relaxed and a lovely swimming pool. On our last day we went on a picnic ride - we were met in the village with vast amounts of delicious food for our lunch! Those five days went too quickly and I am hoping to return again before too long.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Christine H, Owner at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hi Judith,
On your 5th visit you are now very much one of the Uribe family.
Warm regards
Christine
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

No words can really describe this wonderful haven - beautiful place, well schooled horses, excellent food (nothing too much trouble for the Chef and so much attention to detail), accommodation tasteful and restful, relaxing environment all round. Christine and Paul together with their amazing staff all work so hard to ensure the holiday is what you want it to be.
We were a group of three, but even if you travel alone you will be welcomed into the family fold - like-minded people will be there to make friends with. This was our second visit and we will return very soon. You just have to be careful you don't adopt a four-legged friend!! but maybe next time.

Room Tip: All rooms excellent, but some are a little darker depending on which way the window faces to get the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Christine H, Manager at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 23 May 2015
We thank you for your incredible response to your holiday with us on Tripadvisor.
It means a great deal to our business when people recommend the Cortijo.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Thank you again from all the team.
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We , my daughter(14 year old) and I spent new year and my fiftieth birthday at this wonderfully friendly , home from home holiday . We had the most fantastic time, we arrived new years eve and were immediately welcomed by Chris and Paul and their lovely "family" team. We arrived at lunch time and the other guests were sitting in the sun having experienced a fabulous ride that morning they were all so comfortable with each other we thought they had come together but no there were guests who had travelled alone ,as families, as friends , and they welcomed us into the group and within minutes we felt comfortable in our new found horsey heaven. I am gushing and rambling a bit now but it truly is a magical place, all the team treated you as if you were part of the team, I could move out and live there!
On a more practical note,
The horses were cared for immaculately you were assessed and matched with an appropriate four legged friend all of which were well mannered well schooled happy beings.
The accommodation was beautiful, comfortable and cosy.
The food was gorgeous, I am a vegetarian they made sure there was plenty of choice, it was beautifully cooked, on new years eve we had so many courses I lost count.
The riding out was amazing , one ride was a picnic ride and they brought tables and chairs and a gorgeous buffet! The lessons were aimed at your own individual level taking into account what you wanted to improve on and helping you to achieve it.
On my birthday, my sister had sent me a card in my suitcase with a 5 and 0 candle I cheekily took it to Christine and asked if I could have a cake made for dinner that evening, as its not every day you make half a century! they all made my half a century very special, chef made a fabulous cake and everyone sang happy birthday, they gave us cava to celebrate all as gifts , so generous , it really was like being part of a big family on holiday.
The team at Cortijo Uribe are fantastic ,caring, committed and friendly, it really was the best holiday ever!
Needless to say we will definitely be going back!
Claire and Bridie Cooper....Two Very happy Horseyholics!

Room Tip: A friend we met there had the tower, it was like rapunzels tower, beautiful panoramic views, we had...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Claire C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollina
Molino Saydo Hotel
#2 of 15 in Antequera
Casa Rural Aire
Casa Rural Aire
#1 of 1 in Fuente de Piedra

Been to Hacienda Horses? Share your experiences!