“So many perfect moments”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hacienda Horses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mollina
Hacienda Horses
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
“So many perfect moments”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have just returned from the most wonderful horseriding holiday. This was my second visit and I cannot wait now to plan a third.

The beautifully schooled and very well cared for horses, the excellent accommodation, location, climate, hospitality, wonderful scenic hacks riding through the olive groves, alongside vineyards and through wild grasses and camomile, expert tuition, very friendly hosts and staff, great freshly prepared food, dogs to adore, lovely swimming pool…….the list is endless, provided so many ‘perfect moments’ that I really cannot wait to return.

For anyone else considering this holiday, it is an experience that should not be missed. As already described, it is "a little piece of heaven on earth".

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Christine H, Owner at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words.
The team here at Uribe are so very grateful that our efforts are appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our place 'where dreams come true'
Smiles from the Sun

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oswaldtwistle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

5 out of 5 is a good enough rating of this amazing place! Each visit I make makes it harder and harder to return home. The accommodation, the staff, the horses, the food, the welcome, the rides, the instruction is all first class. It is the only place I have ever been were there are no negatives, well one.......I can't live there! I can't tell you enough good things about this place. You just need to book RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Christine H, Owner at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank for your kind words.
The team here at Uribe work very had to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and they will be pleased to have had such a positive response.

We hope to welcome you back to our 'little piece of heaven on earth'

Smiles from the sun
Hexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Having been last year I knew I could expect beautiful accommodation, delicious & varied food (as a veggie this is not to be taken for granted, especially in Spain!), stunning horses, friendly and attentive staff, and the latest troupe of adorable rescue puppies and dogs looking for their forever home.
This time round we were also going on the Il Tempranillo ride, a two day trek taking in over 70km of fabulous scenery with plenty of time for photos, lunch, and lovely long canters! At the beginning of the holiday you are paired with your horse for the ride so that you may get to know each other and ensure you will make a good team. I rode Picassa and fell in love immediately, if only I could have brought her home!
The riding is nothing like back home, road work was minimal and the right to roam meant total freedom; our guide led us expertly through the diverse terrain and showed us spots where Il Tempranillo was known to have spent time. The over night accommodation was in a charming traditional house that is part of a converted olive mill, and the wonderful courtyard is a great bbq area.
I can't recommend this place enough, once you've been you will definitely want to go back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Nueva Andalucia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

It s a perfect Cortijo for riding, good horses and a super instructer who learnt us a lot. I Will go back to this lovely place. And if you want to se some of Spain you can visit both Sevilla and Cordoba during a day.

Stayed February 2014
Nantwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband suprised me with a special birthday treat with a trip to the Cortijo to celebrate in style. Our hosts Christine and Paul created a special day of superb riding, followed by an excellent birthday meal finished off with a beautiful cake! We stayed in the new Tower Room - a lovely beamed three storey apartment with beautiful views from the tower and complete with a luxurious four poster bed. This was my fourth visit to the Cortijo and each visit gets better as the horses, dogs and staff become friends. Although there are also new faces each time as the ethos of the Cortijo is to rescue and rehome horses and dogs, which Christine and Paul do wonderfully. In fact our own puppy Diego came to the UK last year following one of our visits.

I have also just returned from my fifth visit which included the new two day trail following the footsteps of El Tempranillo, a local bandit from the 1800s. We stayed overnight in an old mill house in Jauja and visited the museum of Jose Maria Tempranillo the following day before making our way back following a circular route. It was an fantastic experience riding beautiful horses through lovely countryside. Looking forward to my next visit soon!

Room Tip: The Tower Room is very romantic
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Its been a month since my fabulous holiday at the Cortijo Uribe. It was my second visit with my daughters but this time culminated in an exciting 2 day ride across a variety of beautiful landscapes.Its amazing to be able to ride with the freedom of no walls or fences that we have at home. We hardly touched a road except to cross onto other tracks. There were many opportunities for long canters. We stayed in a lovely traditional house in the village of Jueva whilst the horses were stabled nearby. We were following the route of a famous bandit called El Tempranillo. It was such an enjoyable experience and gave us a greater insight into the surrounding countryside. Time spent at the Cortijo either riding , swimming, eating or exploring is absolutely heavenly. Christine, Paul and all the staff are wonderful. I am already planning to return at the end of the year!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 689Pat
Christine H, Owner at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hi Judith,
Many thanks for your kind comments and we are so glad that once again you enjoyed the Cortijo Uribe experience. We very much look forward to your next visit.
On your 5th visit you are now very much one of the Uribe family.
Warm regards
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were welcomed back by Christine and all her friendly staff and arrived in time for a delicious lunch - the chef cooks amazing food and takes care with the presentation. After a small rest we were riding again the horses we had met six months ago. Riding through olive groves and vineyards in the sunshine - beautiful views and a fun ride. The accommodation is very comfortable and relaxed and a lovely swimming pool. On our last day we went on a picnic ride - we were met in the village with vast amounts of delicious food for our lunch! Those five days went too quickly and I am hoping to return again before too long.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Christine H, Owner at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hi Judith,
On your 5th visit you are now very much one of the Uribe family.
Warm regards
Christine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollina
Molino Saydo Hotel
#2 of 15 in Antequera
Casa Rural Aire
Casa Rural Aire
#1 of 1 in Fuente de Piedra

Been to Hacienda Horses? Share your experiences!