“A little piece of heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hacienda Horses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mollina
Hacienda Horses
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“A little piece of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say, this was a perfect holiday for me and my daughter, she had horses, swimming and puppies, I had a little girl who cried when we left because she didn't want to go home, (that itself is a review on its own) if you book this holiday don't look at it as just booking a hotel, look at it as arranging to stay with friends because that's how you'll feel when you leave, I'll guarantee you'll enjoy as much as we did.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cortijo U, Manager at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. It was an absolute pleasure to have you visit us, and we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay.
We genuinely appreciate you taking the time out to write your feedback. We hope that you can visit us again soon, and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We spent a week at Uribe and felt welcome and at home from the moment of our arrival. The ability of the small team to meet the needs of different levels of rider was impressive. Everyone at the Cortijo works so hard to make guests' visits special. The atmosphere is calm, relaxed and professional. The accommodation is high quality (shame it was too hot for the fluffy dressing gown!) and the environment kept spotlessly clean - even the stable yard is spotless. And the horses are also loved and cared for to very high standards.

The hacking was fun and for me challenging as I never had chance to canter long distances across fields and through olive groves. I have always dreamed of cantering through stubble fields and did it lots both on the flat and uphill. It was awesome. The picnic and bar rides were excellent and I will never forget riding to the top of a hill to see the sun set with a glass of wine in hand and then riding back in the dark.

And then there were the lessons. I so wanted to show Antonio I had improved my lateral work and thanks to Princesca I think I managed this in the last session. Thanks for letting me ride the beautiful Princesca - I only wish I could have bought her home with me. She is very special. And then of course there was the enthusiastic Flamenca; steady Misty and fabulous Star. All great to ride.

Finally, it was great to meet people from all over the world and to chat and drink wine together; and to cool off in the pool after a long hot ride. Thanks to Jorge, Jose Maria, Sonia and Sonia, Antonio (the very patient trainer!) Adrian, Paul and Chris. And if course the puppies. Hope I haven't missed anyone. :)

Room Tip: All the rooms have their own character. We chose sunset for the outside patio and x2 double beds an...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

A huge thank you for all your kind comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time at 'Uribe' and all the team (including the beautiful Princesa!) are grateful for your lovely feedback.
It was a pleasure to share our home with you.
As you are now part of the 'Uribe' family, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We loved it.This is our second holiday in Cortijo Uribe.It is a wonderful place to get away from it all and recharge your batteries.Wonderful for all levels of riders and a great place to stay for non riders too.The staff are welcoming and Christine and Paul are wonderful hosts.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was great to have you back. Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay. As part of the 'Uribe' family we look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon !
Smiles from the Sun from all the team @ Cortijo Uribe
Richmond, North Yorkshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We spent a few days at Cortijo and had an amazing time. The staff were brilliant and the place is just beautiful. The horses were just amazing. My husband had only ridden 5 times before we went and by the end of our three day stay he was cantering along next to me through the olive trees. So from inexperienced rider to experienced rider there is something for everyone. As soon as we returned home we have starting looking at how soon we can go back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bekki777
Thank you for your kind comments. It was an absolute pleasure to have you visit us, and we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay and had fun with the long olive grove canters.
We genuinely appreciate you taking the time out to write your feedback.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We spent three nights in Cortijo Uribe and enjoyed it so much. We arrived late but were warmly welcomed by Chris, Paul, Nikki and Adrian. The atmosphere is relaxed, informal and friendly. Waking to the singing of birds and the occasional neigh of the horses was lovely. Our room in the Tower was idyllic - and as it’s on three levels ‘room’ is really doing it a disservice. The views were spectacular. On the morning hack, though olive groves and past fields of sunflowers, we rode the best behaved horses who were incredibly responsive. My mount Flamenca was great fun. This was followed by lunch and then a couple of hours lounging by the pool. The late afternoon lesson with Antonio was challenging and I loved it! I learnt much more than I’d anticipated too. The horse I rode, Fin, was super – a 4 year old Andalucian. Evening dinner outside watching the puppies playing and the birds flying about was heavenly. A good chat and sumptuous food capped a great day. Day two was even better as we relaxed into the weekend. Although I didn’t want to leave, the change of pace and the different nature of this weekend, left me feeling that I’d been away from my normal life for much longer. We’re very much looking forward to returning.
We took the flight from Cork and then a 50 minute drive to Cortijo Uribe – short hop to a tremendous break.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We really appreciate your wonderful comments and we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Cortijo Uribe. The team (including Flamenca & Fin!) very much enjoyed having you as part of the ‘Uribe’family.
Thank you so much for giving us your feedback and we hope that you will come to visit us again very soon.
Lund, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you want to combine great hacks with very professional lessons this is the place! I stayed for three nights and am already planning when to come back - and next time I will stay a week. The riding is great - fantastic hacks in beautiful nature and really good lessons. Christine and Paul, who owns and runs Cortijo Uribe are two fantastic persons - taking care of both guest, horses, staff and homeless dogs in a very warm and caring way. Accomodation was also very good as well as the tasty spanish food! I will definitely return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Cortijo U, Owner at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Many thanks for your kind comments and we are really pleased you enjoyed your short break at Cortijo Uribe. We appreciate you taking the time to feed back to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future and sharing our lovely dogs and horses with you again.
Best wishes from all the team at Cortijo Uribe.
Gavle, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had a wonderful holiday at Cortijo Uribe. Nice people and good horses, very high standard on everything. The mix of dressage lessons and hacks was very good. The rooms were great and the staff in the kitchen served a lot of really good spanish food . Thank you for an really nice week.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Cortijo U, Owner at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Many thanks for your kind comments and we're very pleased you enjoyed your week with us too. We appreciate you taking the time to feed back to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Best wishes from all the team at Cortijo Uribe.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollina
La Bobadilla, a Royal Hideaway Hotel
#2 of 15 in Antequera
Casa Rural Aire
Casa Rural Aire
#1 of 1 in Fuente de Piedra

Been to Hacienda Horses? Share your experiences!