“Fantastic horse riding experience at Cortijo Uribe”
Review of Hacienda Horses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mollina
Hacienda Horses
Newcastle and Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Fantastic horse riding experience at Cortijo Uribe”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I found this horse riding holiday through Equestrian Escapes and was not disappointed. I stayed with my teenage daughter and we had an amazing time. The accommodation, weather and food was excellent. The riding was extremely well organised and the tuition was excellent. As a novice rider I felt safe at all times, we had some brilliant hacks out in the local area. Antonio is an excellent and patient instructor. The whole atmosphere of the holiday was friendly and family run. After our early morning hack each day we had the chance to lie around the pool and relax which was lovely, followed by an evening lesson and then a delicious evening meal. A trip into Antequera for tapas finished off an amazing holiday!
I would recommend car hire if you are there for a while as there are lots of places to explore.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Cortijo U, Manager at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
We really appreciate your wonderful comments and we are delighted that you and your daughter enjoyed your visit to Cortijo Uribe and your riding lessons and hacks during your stay. All the team very much enjoyed having you as part of the ‘Uribe’ family.
Thank you so much for giving us your feedback and we hope that you will come to visit us again very soon.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Enjoyed a great mini break at Cortijo Uribe, what a wonderful place to stay. I traveled alone, which was not a problem at all. The staff is very welcoming and they try their best to make you feel at home immediately. The scenery is beautiful and very relaxing, and in between the riding you can relax at the pool or the many other quiet places this cortijo has in store for you. But of course I came for the riding: horses are amazing, well trained, and they have a matching horse for everyone. Great for regaining my confidence as a rider! Antonio the instructor was very good, gave clear instructions and really makes you improve quickly. Hacks through the campo are the highlight; beautiful views, long canters through the olive groves..Definitely coming back here!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cortijo U, Manager at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you Frederique for your kind comments. It was an absolute pleasure to have you visit us, and we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay.
We genuinely appreciate you taking the time out to write your feedback, especially with your move to Tokyo happening !
Oswaldtwistle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Another amazing stay at Cortijo Uribe. Can not say or recommend this place enough. Scoring 5/5 is just not enough!!! Every little detail of the holiday is perfect. The food, rooms, setting, horses just everything. The staff are amazing. As a single traveller I never feel alone as there is always someone there to chat to and I always make new friends. However there are quite places to relax and unwind in tranquil bliss. Don't hesitate book now. It's a guaranteed perfect holiday.

• Stayed August 2014
Cortijo U, Manager at Hacienda Horses, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
It was great to have you back again Ashley. Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay, its great to be a 6+! As part of the 'Uribe' family we look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon !

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was my second visit to Cortijo Uribe and will certainly not be my last. I travelled alone on both my visits, and would highly recommend it to solo travellers due to the welcoming atmosphere and fantastic set up all-round.

There is a wonderful selection of horses, all of which are very well mannered and beautifully schooled. The instructors are very interested to understand guests’ riding experience & aspirations and as a result match riders to the right horses. It was an honour to ride the horses I did, all thanks to the encouragement of Antonio and Christine.

The riding tends to be a hack in the morning (anything up to 3 hours, often with a stop for coffee in a local bar or a picnic) and a lesson in the afternoon. The hacking is superb – endless olive groves and rolling fields, with no boundaries or roadwork. We did lots of long canters which were exhilarating and the scenery was breath taking. Those less experienced need not worry about the pace of rides – the rides were split into groups meaning you can ride at whatever pace you are comfortable with.

The lessons were equally as brilliant and instructor Antonio is a very talented teacher and rider. My riding improved considerably while I was at the Cortijo, all thanks to Antonio’s perseverance and coaching techniques. The group size was no more than 4 while I was there, and although the focus was on dressage there was the opportunity to jump for those who wanted to. There were also lessons and hacks for beginners learning to ride – the Cortijo is suitable for anyone with an interest in horses.

I have never seen such an immaculate yard, with Jorge and Jose Maria working tirelessly to ensure the horses are well looked after. A real draw for me was the fact the accommodation is integrated with the stables, and in fact I could look out onto the stables, arena and fields from my room (the Tower room). The accommodation is first class – very clean, spacious and tastefully decorated. Do not underestimate how much of a plus the pool is, it is a lovely setting to relax in and have a post ride chat with the other guests.

Meals were served alfresco in the courtyard and were another great opportunity to get to know the other guests over a glass of wine or two. The food was tasty and made with fresh ingredients. The owners, Christine and Paul, took us to a small town called Antequera one evening for tapas which was great fun.

Christine and Paul have worked exceptionally hard to create this beautiful retreat. Their passion for providing all guests with a holiday of a lifetime shines through in every detail and it is no wonder that so many guests return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Hi Lindsey, it was great to have you back again.
Thank you so much for your fabulous feedback on your stay with us. the team truly appreciate your comments
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say, this was a perfect holiday for me and my daughter, she had horses, swimming and puppies, I had a little girl who cried when we left because she didn't want to go home, (that itself is a review on its own) if you book this holiday don't look at it as just booking a hotel, look at it as arranging to stay with friends because that's how you'll feel when you leave, I'll guarantee you'll enjoy as much as we did.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. It was an absolute pleasure to have you visit us, and we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay.
We genuinely appreciate you taking the time out to write your feedback. We hope that you can visit us again soon, and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We spent a week at Uribe and felt welcome and at home from the moment of our arrival. The ability of the small team to meet the needs of different levels of rider was impressive. Everyone at the Cortijo works so hard to make guests' visits special. The atmosphere is calm, relaxed and professional. The accommodation is high quality (shame it was too hot for the fluffy dressing gown!) and the environment kept spotlessly clean - even the stable yard is spotless. And the horses are also loved and cared for to very high standards.

The hacking was fun and for me challenging as I never had chance to canter long distances across fields and through olive groves. I have always dreamed of cantering through stubble fields and did it lots both on the flat and uphill. It was awesome. The picnic and bar rides were excellent and I will never forget riding to the top of a hill to see the sun set with a glass of wine in hand and then riding back in the dark.

And then there were the lessons. I so wanted to show Antonio I had improved my lateral work and thanks to Princesca I think I managed this in the last session. Thanks for letting me ride the beautiful Princesca - I only wish I could have bought her home with me. She is very special. And then of course there was the enthusiastic Flamenca; steady Misty and fabulous Star. All great to ride.

Finally, it was great to meet people from all over the world and to chat and drink wine together; and to cool off in the pool after a long hot ride. Thanks to Jorge, Jose Maria, Sonia and Sonia, Antonio (the very patient trainer!) Adrian, Paul and Chris. And if course the puppies. Hope I haven't missed anyone. :)

Room Tip: All the rooms have their own character. We chose sunset for the outside patio and x2 double beds an...