“Fantastic follow up”

Fins Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Fairlie
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenock, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic follow up”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for a celebration meal for my wedding anniversary. Starters were excellent - Cullen skink and tapas sharing platter. However after that it went downhill. We had been in the restaurant for an hour and a half and had only been served our starters. The mains eventually arrived (but no apology for the long delay). Main courses of plaice and chips and seafood platter were good. We didn't have time for dessert due to the long wait between courses. The whole experience was let down by poor service and a bit of a couldn't care less attitude. Disappointing as we have visited this restaurant twice before and it was excellent.

Further to our visit in May - went back in July and very pleased to say everything was excellent. Food was delicious. Service was efficient and staff were friendly and helpful! Thoroughly recommend this restaurant. Many thanks to Lisa and her team!

Visited July 2014

Rugby, United Kingdom
“Outstanding.”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We visited for the first time when holidaying locally. What a terrific restaurant for lovers of seafood (but also very good non-fish options for one of our party). We liked the relaxed atmosphere, the friendly staff too - but most of all the excellent quality of the food made this an outstanding dining experience. We were also pleasantly surprised by the prices! This is the sort of restaurant that we will go out of our way to re-visit on our next holiday in Scotland.

1 Thank PAH300
Ardrossan, United Kingdom
“Visited again with friends who were first time diners here”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Once again an excellent meal and real value for money. It was our friends first visit and they thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Visited July 2014
Alford, United Kingdom
“Not a fish fan...converted :)”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have never been a great fan of fish and really have been pushing myself to try fish dishes and appreciate them.

Amazing meal, fantastic tapas selection of fish. Beautiful mussels and salmon mouse.

My main meal of lemon sole just melted in my mouth, served with fresh veg. I can confidently say I will be visiting again when I am down from Aberdeen. Much better than any fish I have had in any other restaurant...and as someone who doesn't really like fish I am hard to please.

I look forward to a return visit to sample more from the menu.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful lunch”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have just been to Fins twice during our visit to Largs. The food and service are first class. We both had seafood and the mussels rival Belgium in their quality and taste. We are looking forward to our next visit to Fins. We feel this is the best fish restaurant that we have been to in the UK.