“Another super lunch at the Twig & Spoon”

Twig and Spoon Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Ash
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Kent, United Kingdom
“Another super lunch at the Twig & Spoon”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Yet another visit for us with three of us going for Sunday lunch on Fathers Day. It was a special menu rather than the normal full menu but there was still a very good choice across starters, mains & desserts. We all went for two courses, a main + dessert, & all the food was superb, as always. The lemon & lavender posset deserves a special mention - it was excellent. I had lunch at another garden centre today & it reminded me how much better the Twig & Spoon is than your normal garden centre eatery. We always find the staff at the Twig very welcoming & helpful & will certainly continue to visit regularly.

Visited June 2014

“Lovely cafe with great staff and sourroundings!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

As you can see I don't often write reviews but its always lovely here. The café itself is warm and inviting. It has a beautiful courtyard area for sitting in with the warmer weather approaching. I often book a table here for lunch with friends inside....they are always accommodating and the food is perfect! Just what you want for a light lunch or something a little more filling. I like walking through the garden centre to access the café as there are always clever ideas for gifts and even plants for my garden. I'm pleased they have introduced "David Austin Roses" recently for me to purchase. Overall a great little find as all food uses local suppliers and is really fresh.

“Disappointing birthday 😥”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I took my mum here to try to celebrate her birthday - I hadn't appreciated that it closed so early 4.30 ! My local garden centre in bournemouth is open till 8pm Thursday and Fridays and are still serving meals.
On arrival I was informed - kitchen was closed but could have hot drinks and a selection of cakes was available and that if I wanted the afternoon tea that I would have to come back another day ...
Good idea I thought till I saw that the afternoon was only served for a minimum of two persons !

My mum has just celebrated her 94 th birthday and doesn't have a huge appetite - and afternoon tea is one of her favourite things - but there is no way she could eat a whole one - I checked with one of the staff to make sure that was the case - yes it had to be for at least two persons.

We have had afternoon teas all around the uk and the world and have never come across this crazy idea ever before.

Needless to say - we won't be back - it would be a complete waste and would be upsetting for mum , an afternoon tea to share for the two of us would have been absolutely ideal - but still - it was not to be - we will be off to one of the other numerous places in the area to have what I know she will really enjoy and something to suit her size of appetite and it won't be here !

Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Always a winner”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This restaurant never fails to deliver on quality and value. The atmosphere and staff are welcoming and the food is consistently good. It is a regular haunt of ours because of all the above.

Tunbridge Wells
“Lovely Little Place For Lunch”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Really recommend this restaurant for a delicious lunch. Just called in originally for coffee and we were tempted by the lunch menu. I had a delicious smoked chicken, bacon a and avocado sandwich with lovely vegetable crisps and a blue cheese dip, my husband eventually decided on a cheese plowman's and wasn't disappointed. The place was busy but the staff were really brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. Thanks guys