Stayed there with my family for 10 days. We got there thinking that there will just be couples and nothing for families to do and we would get bored during the 10 days but we were very wrong. The beach villas we were given were fantastic (159 and 160). They were very spacious and luxurious.
The staff were exceptional along with the food. My mother is a vegetarian so they provided meals for her at each sitting without complaint and sometimes I preferred it to what else was on offer
The island has its own reef so snorkelling there is amazing. We were one of the very extremely lucky ones who got a rare sighting of a whale shark (not dangerous as they eat plankton) as we were out towards the end of the day. I would also recommend taking the manta ray boat trip as seeing these elegant creatures was one of the highlights of the trip.
I will be going back to this island for my next trip to the Maldives and this time with a better underwater camera!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Vilamendhoo, South Ari Atoll. It is 900 meters long by 250 meters wide, about 55 acres. Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 25 minute flight. 184 Rooms include 30 Jacuzzi water villas, 30 Jacuzzi beach villas, 111 beach villas and 13 garden rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Ebookers, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilamendhoo Island Hotel Vilamendhoo
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Hotel Vilamendhoo Island