Maldives is the most amazing place ever. Perfect for a honeymoon and we went in July 2012. We stayed in a beach villa and the rooms were good. Can be a difficult place to get use to with the shower being outdoors and everywhere you walk there are crabs and all sorts in the sand.
The island is small, something like 900 metres long and 300 metres wide. You have a games room, 24 hour bars, football, golf, gym and tennis facilities. If you like football all the staff play a game during the day and let you get involved.
Food wasn't the best in Maldives but i just got on with it and tried a bit of everything. The staff are really helpful and go out of their way to help you. There is a bar that is open 24 hours near the beach villas and you can order snacks and drinks all the time if you are All Inclusive.
Try their mock-tails and ice coffees, i couldn't get enough of them. In general Vilamendhoo was a perfect location for our honeymoon and 7 days was just about enough because you do get bored eventually. July isn't the best month to go as it did rain everyday for a few hours but we did get lots of sun.
If you want a holiday where you have lots of excursions and things to do then Maldives is not for you but if you want to relax then it is. We wanted to relax after such a hectic time with our wedding but all our holidays since and in the future will not be like the experience we had in Maldives as there isn't much to do aprt from take in what you see :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Vilamendhoo, South Ari Atoll. It is 900 meters long by 250 meters wide, about 55 acres. Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 25 minute flight. 184 Rooms include 30 Jacuzzi water villas, 30 Jacuzzi beach villas, 111 beach villas and 13 garden rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Travelbag, Ebookers, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilamendhoo Island Hotel Vilamendhoo
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Hotel Vilamendhoo Island