“Heavenly honeymoon” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vilamendhoo
Berkshire
“Heavenly honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We went there in September 2013 for 2 weeks for our honeymoon and it was everything we had hoped for.
We had a beach villa with jacuzzi, well worth paying the extra in our opinion as these and the water villas are at the adult only end of the island. The villa was in a wonderful location lookjing out to sea but had trees for shade if needed. I loved having our own 2 sunbeds o the beach in front of our villa that we could come back to at anytime of day.
The room was cleaned and the minibar replenished twice a day.
There was such a variety of food at every meal that find it hard to imagine that anyone could not find something to their liking.
The snorkelling was out of this world, if was like swimming underwater in a disney film! The colours and variety of fish were so beatuiful.
We loved sitting at the bar and watching the sun go down with a beer or cocktail (or 2) in the evenings, so romantic!
Had fresh coconut for breakfast when one one of staff shimmied up the tree outside our villa and cut in it up front of us.
Rained twice for 10 minutes during our 2 weeks and did not spoil our holiday at all.
Had 2 massages at the spa and found them really good, so relaxed when I came out.
If you want a romantic holiday a to celebrate a special occasion that you cannot go wrong choosing this paradise island. Loved every minute.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BerkshireSusan_o
Solah M, Director of Operations at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear BerkshireSusan_o,

Sunny greetings from honeymoon heaven!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us for your honeymoon. Your valuable time in writing this report is much appreciated.

As you have mentioned, Vilamendhoo is honeymoon heaven and it is very romantic and certainly you have found a wonderful spot in the Indian Ocean to spend your wedding anniversaries 

Jacuzzi Beach Villas and Jacuzzi Beach Villas are pure luxury and it is perfect for special holidays. I am glad that you loved the Jacuzzi Beach Villas that are private, few steps away from the beach and the lagoon. We have private sunbeds for every room here with number plates of the room number attached to the sun bed.
There are many spare sun beds too in case if the guest wants to change the location of the sunbathing area.

It is so special for us that you graded us so well and like you have mentioned, the food varieties and quality of the food is something that we all are very proud of as we have to maintain the quality and the taste for our guests who normally comes from everywhere in the world same as the ingredients.

Our standard with the mini bar refill is that once the guest consume it room attendant makes the bill and leave the guest to sign and it is refilled straight away when the guest is signed and it is twice a day.

Regarding the rain to the Maldives, even during the monsoon, the rain doesn’t last too long. The temperature doesn’t change regardless of rain or sun. One of the amazing feature of the Maldives is also the water temperature is the same even if it rains or not. So, if any one wants go diving or snorkeling it is not a problem. Throughout the year Maldives is a dry country and we are so blessed with the tropical atmosphere.

Sunset at the infinitive pool right at the sunset bar! with cocktail or a mocktail or a cold beer, You have found the most romantic spot on the island.

Susan, it was a pleasure for my team and I to manage and serve you during your honeymoon. I wish to welcome you back to your first wedding anniversary back to the Paradise.

Mohamed Solah, Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have been in Maldives 2 times. This is a first time here. This resort is a paradise for me and my friend. Staffs here are lovely. Firstly they are not really type of happy guys but when they are starting to talk and serve. All are lovely and very friendly. The room should be recently renovated so it is so clean and comfortable. Don't need to talk about underwater world, it is so perfect here. I saw a huge octopus in snorkeling. We went to sunset cruise and saw 2 dolphin , that is lovely sunset. My friend got a very lovely dining table around flower on her BD. I will absolutely come back here again in a future. Thanks a resort for our good days there.

Room Tip: Beach Front on the north is closed to swimming pool and snorkeling area ,nicer
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ehchy,

Sunny greetings from Paradise!

Thank you so much for praising Vilamendhoo so high. It is encouraging for me and my team to know that you loved everything about the hotel.

Your holiday review will most definitely help our future guests and thank you for the tips that you have given. My team is so motivated and encourage with your kind words.

As you have mentioned, underwater world here in Vilamendhoo is so rich that you are able to see many sea creatures. House reef is very rich with colorful corals to array of different types of fishes.
Sunset punch cruise is as popular with our guests and it is inclusive in “All Inclusive Plus” package that the guests are able to watch dolphins and stunning sunsets.

We do special celebrations to mark the birth days of our guests if the guests celebrating their special day with us. Our room attendants do personalized bed decoration, table decoration at the restaurant and we do provide a personalized cake at the dinner table. Our Guest Services plays a vital role to ensure that the guests have a memorable occasion with us.

Ehchy, I hope this is the beginning of many more trips to us in future and if you need any assistance, please contact me directly and I am looking forward to personally welcome you back to Vilamendhoo.

St Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I loved everything about Vilamendhoo – what a magical place! I must start off by saying a special thank you to our booking agents Simply Maldives for offering excellent service and advice in order to land us here, highly recommended!

My husband and I spent a lovely week at Vilamendhoo (1st time in Maldives for both of us) and I have to say that this holiday really exceeded our expectations. I think the All-Inclusive Plus package was great value for money since it included pretty much everything. Some premium drinks were included as well. We went on the complimentary sunset cruise on our second night which was included in the All-Inclusive Plus package. We received great service overall, especially in the restaurants. We had the most amazing dinner in Asian Wok above the lagoon. Even though we only stayed in a Beach Villa (which we loved by the way!!) we got the super star treatment every day.. not kidding. You really feel welcome on this island and that’s probably why they have so many returning guests! The Beach Villa itself was a good choice for us but the next time we’d consider upgrading to a Jacuzzi Beach Villa.

The island IS paradise. You can easily walk around it in 25 minutes and it’s surrounded by a fantastic house reef. Even by Maldives standards I think it has to be one of the top ones... Can’t imagine it wouldn’t be! We could even spot sting rays from the beach! The sea life was amazing so the snorkeling was easily one of the highlights of the holiday. Vilamendhoo offers a free snorkeling course which we took on the first day, I’d recommend it. We definitely want to go back to Vilamendhoo, thank you to all the staff for making this dream come true.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katy M
Dear Katy M,

Sunny greetings from simply Paradise!

What more can I say? You have really complimented us so well that I am so honored along with my hard working team.
Thank you so much from all of us for writing such an honest report.

Like you have mentioned, it is a wonderful place to spend your vacation, with a collection of very rich marine life.
It is true that the Maldives is far greater under water compare to the most of the popular underwater destinations. Vilamendhoo is one of the most popular and beautiful house reef in the Maldives. To protect our reef and to give our guests an amazing experience, we do offer snorkeling trails and guided house reef to our guests free of charge.

Our “All Inclusive Package” is designed in a way that our guests are benefited with quality and quantity. Drinks for AIP package is free flow and unlimited. Land sports, water sports and some of the excursions are AIP on top of the drinks and three meals.

Asian wok is undoubtedly a great atmosphere and the food served takes our mind away. There are tiny baby sharks, eagle rays, sting rays, blue fin trevally etc are right at the view.
The service staff and the kitchen staff is very well trained and they do wonders to impress our guests and I am glad that you could feel the high standard that we maintain at the Asian Wok.

I like your idea of the Beach Villas and staying in a Jacuzzi Beach Villas. We do have 4 different room categories and there are no variance in service regardless of the room category you stay in Vilamendhoo.

I will share your compliments to the team and I am sure it will motivate all of us and will help us to amaze you next time when you are back in a near future.

Katy, please advise me if I can help you with booking your next holiday with us and I am looking forward to welcome you personally to our little paradise.

Biot, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very beautiful island, perfectly clean, perfectly intact coral reefs right on the beach, excellent to every respect, with turtles, small sharks and big rays swimming next to you while snorkelling!
Perfect food, very fresh and good and varied. So much to do (windsurf, kayak, walking, snorkelling, diving). Beautiful vegetation with fruit bats, lots of colourful fish right on the beach. Perfectly quiet. Friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank garantido
Solah M, Director of Operations at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear garantido,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking your time in writing a wonderful review about your stay with us.
It means a lot to us that you have marked us so high.

It is our aim to please our guests and achieve excellence in customer service.
I am so glad that you enjoyed the snorkeling with turtles, sharks and rays. It is truly a beautiful experience to swim in this colourful reef.

Other activities like kayaking, windsurfing, diving or having a spa treatment is not a bad idea too.

I will convey your praise to the hard working team.

I am looking forward to welcome you back in a near future to stay with us. If there is anything that you need help with, please contact me directly on reservations@vilamendhooisland.com

Linter, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at Vilamendhoo for the fourth time. Every time we come back we are amazed by the beautiful island. Everyone from the staff is really friendly. After four times it's starting to feel like coming home. It's unbelieveable that almost everyone from the staff remembers you (This was already from the second time we stayed here). Even this being the fourth time there are always new things to discover. Diving is always great and snorkeling at the house reef as well. We did the free cruise this year. This is the best thing we ever did. BBQ on the beach, snorkeling with whalesharks and turtles ... we would recommend this to everyone. If you are looking for heaven on earth you will find it here. We are already looking forward to coming back next year.

2 Thank hj530432
Solah M, Director of Operations at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear hj530432,

Sunny greetings from your home from home!

It was really great to read your review and I thank you for grading us so high.

All my team is so happy and delighted to see you coming back again. It is true what you have mentioned, even I get amazed with their unforgettable memory of the guests who stay here.
We feel like that you are part of the family of Vilamendhoo and many of our repeaters has a very natural and special bond with the team.

I am glad that you tried the diving, snorkeling and Gomafulhu cruise. It is really a wonderful time that our guests spend on the yacht and the staff really takes care of the guest with pride.

hj530432, we all can’t wait to see you again soon to see all of us.

Bresso
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just returned back from a week holiday in Vilamendhoo Island resort and we're looking forward to return back again to that paradise!
We had the beach villa on the north-east part of the island close to the Asian Wok bar. The resort has 4 bar/restaurant and prices are quite good, not so expensive considering other prices in different Maldives islands (specially in the Ari Atoll). We suggest to buy at least full-board package considering the good quality of food served in a buffet style (beverage are not included; for better convenience of Tripadvisor visitors who are interesting on Vilamendhoo, a big bottle of natural water costs 4,50 US dollars).
The beach villa was very nice, big and colorfull... you can feel really welcome from first step in.
Beach is wonderful, clean and white sand, full of nature around you.
You can access to the beautiful reef from different "reef exit". Before that, many corals unfortunately are damaged and are going to be distroyed becasue people doesnt' care too much. BTW, the marine life and colourful corals behind any reef exit is something really amazing. You can see turtles, rays, reef sharks, octopus, squid, and a huge variety of colorful fishes.
A variety of excursions is available at the reception according to your budget and time. However, prices are not so bad.
One of the most amazing and relaxing holiday we had till now! :-)

Room Tip: OW not suggested. Beach villa is good choice between 130 and 150.
1 Thank AleIsadora
Dear AleIsadora,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo!

Thank you for your time in writing a wonderful review about your recent holiday with us.

I am so hearten to learn that you are already planning to comeback to stay with us.

As you have mentioned, our beach villas are so spacious and very warm. The ambiance is great with very comfortable furniture. The beach and the crystal clear sea is only few steps away.

We have two packages available in terms of meal plan – Full Board, All Inclusive Plus – for our guests. Full Board guests are entitled for 3 meals from one of our main restaurant and AIP includes great value for money from 3 meals, AIP drinks, land and water sports, some of the excursions etc

Thank you so much for your concern about protecting the reef and as you have mentioned we have reef exits where we encourage guests to use for both go and come back from snorkeling. We do give a very thorough explanation of the reef and what we can do to protect the beautiful corals, fishes and other creatures and our guests are very respectful.

Like you have said, Vilamendhoo is one of the best place in the Maldives to see many sea creatures right at the door step. Our famous whale shark trips, manta and turtle trips are run throughout the year and it is very common that guests swim with them.

AleIsadora, Vilamendhoo keeps the pricing in a way that our guests enjoy the benefit of great value for money.

I hope we can welcome you back to Vilamendhoo soon.

Macau, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

It was our first time to visit Maldives and Vilamendhoo and I had a wonderful vacation with my husband there.
Rooms: We stayed there for six nights, in order to enjoy different views and room types we stayed 3 nights in the beach villa and 3 nights in the Jacuzzi water villa. The beach villa was nice and big with an outdoor bathroom, geckos are outside the bathroom and we became friends after days and I think since they are there, we didn’t have any mosquito bite. It was nice that the beach is right a few steps outside your villa with the sunbeds are already there for you. We were happy with the beach villa and luckily we did also stay in the Jacuzzi Water villa, because that was just fantastic! The room is big, the view and ocean breeze are just stunning, I could just standing outside the deck watching the groups of small fish swimming back to the ocean at the evening just like they were off from work! The Jacuzzi is not something we are really looking for, but all the water villa comes with that, but then we found that enjoying a starry night in the Jacuzzi is wonderful!

Activities: Snorkeling is one of the best activities there, every day we tried to snorkel in different area and we did that round the island. We could see more snorkeling in Vilamendhoo than we did diving in Philippines. We did go for the sunset cruise which was nice and we were lucky enough to see the dolphins. Kayaking can let you see the beautiful sea and coral reef in another point of view. And there are some other excursions that we would like to go for if we have more time. According to the schedule there should be a beach volleyball match, but nobody was there then. But we did saw the hotel football team was practicing football and my husband thought that it would be fun if he could join the football match also (but we were about to leave).Every night there were different performance/activities at the bar that you can go for if you do not want to rest too early, and I do appreciate the staffs that perform/held the activities for us, as they were from different department of the resort.

Food: All meals are serve in buffet style, the food is average but you will have plenty of choices, and you will find some delicious among them. The most considerate part is that you will enjoy different dishes from meal to meal, they did not repeat the dishes in the 6 days (more than 12 meals) that I stayed there and I felt excited every time I went into the restaurant as I am expecting what food I was going to have. The decoration were nice with fruit craft!
Services: Overall the service is okay, and I think the staffs of the sea sports centre are great, we enjoyed the cruise and the marine presentation that gave us ocean info.

Seaplane transfer: Since we arrived at night, we needed to stay one night at Male and we were told (both email and message from the male hotel)to meet the Resort local representative at the airport resort counter, we were asked to wait there at 6:30 am, but nobody was there(other resort counter had). We had waited for 45mins and I needed to find my way out, I called the resort and check out other way at the airport, (and my husband still needed to wait at the counter in case the representative come), then the seaplane staffs told us that we needed to check in the seaplane ourselves for this island! At the same time, the representative came (cos I had called them) and then we could check-in. Since we were asked to meet so early that I didn’t take my breakfast and assumed that we would arrive the resort early. Finally we arrived the resort at 9:15am and just 15mins left for breakfast time and had a stomachache. It’s not a problem to check in ourselves or wait, but at least someone should tell us what was happening.

Spa: I am a spa addicted person that I have that every month at my home town (so, sometimes many spa can’t satisfy me now)and my husband doesn’t really like spa. But both of us felt that the spa was wonderful and relax!
If I have chance we will come back again and with my son also!

Room Tip: Beach villas near Asian wok and jaccuzi beach villas have bigger and nicer beach. All water villas a...
2 Thank Rainekuok
Solah M, Director of Operations at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Rainekuok,

Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa!

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of your excellent holiday at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa. It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent holiday with us and you found the Beach Villa and Jacuzzi Water Villa to be your liking.

I would like to apologize to you regarding your arrival experience since it is not up to our standard and certainly I will follow up and will ensure that this sort of issues are not repeated to our guests. It is generally very efficient and simple process where our Airport Representatives assist the guests to seaplane check in few steps away from the arrival hall. Straight after the check in the guests are transferred to our Airport lounge. Normally, on arrival day, the guests breakfast is not included as hotel check in starts at 1 pm but we always provide complimentary breakfast for all the guest who arrive early especially during the buffet time.

Regarding the restaurant food, our chefs has a tough task to cater for guests from all around the world and Vilamendhoo is very popular of high quality food and service provided to the guests at all time. I am impressed that you were excited on every meal time about the buffet presentation and the choices and quality of food.

As you have mentioned that Duniye Spa is very highly regarded by all of our guests. Friendly therapists, high quality ingredients and watching the Indian Ocean while you lay on the treatment bed, sounds thrilling.

Like you have mentioned, it is so great to go kayaking around the island. We do have a guest vs staff football match on every Sunday afternoon. If any guest would like to play football every afternoon there is football practice among the staff and guests are more than welcome to join.
Regarding volley ball, if there is enough guest to play any day the beach volley court is free for all the guests to use.

I will share your review with the team and we will keep focusing on improving as guest feedback is so important to us.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Mohamed Solah, Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamendhoo
Vakarufalhi Island Resort
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
#1 of 1 in Rangali Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,016 reviews

Been to Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!