We were on vilamendhoo for the first 2 weeks in May,sadly my wife Amanda who does not keep well was unable to travel due to ill health so it was decided that myself and my 11 year old daughter Stephanie would travel,this was stephanies 6th time to the Maldives and my 7th having visited among others meeru x3 and kuredo which are sister islands of vilamendhoo. This and other reviews helped in our choice and vilamendhoo ticks all the boxes from the wonderful standard and choice of food ,the house reef for snorkeling,the family pool which was never that busy,there's plenty to do or do nothing or just relax but the main thing is that this is a very friendly island with very mannerly staff from solah(director of operations),shirzham our waiter and the other waiters who help clear up,sahana always smiling and stopping to chat in the funama restaurant, Robin and all his staff in the bonthi bar, John in the family pool bar, the island is also kept immaculately clean with the work of the room boys and gardeners including the smiling elderly gent who raked the leaves outside our beach villa 109.This is an island I would definitely recommend to everyone and I will definitely return hopefully next year with Amanda so she can also enjoy this wonderful friendly island,once again a big thank you to everyone on vilamendhoo for making us very welcome and also always asking how Amanda's health was and giving myself and Stephanie a holiday to always remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Vilamendhoo, South Ari Atoll. It is 900 meters long by 250 meters wide, about 55 acres. Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 25 minute flight. 184 Rooms include 30 Jacuzzi water villas, 30 Jacuzzi beach villas, 111 beach villas and 13 garden rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilamendhoo Island Hotel Vilamendhoo
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Hotel Vilamendhoo Island