I stayed at this resort as a bucket list holiday of places to visit. The resort is excellent. 8/10. the food is very good allthough the desserts are a little bland. Views are stunning. Sting rays and sharks a plenty. i have the Water Villa which is adults only and a bonus. There was always space in the restaurants. The biggest issue i had was with the sloppy service. The room was mainly half cleaned not to a great standard. Towels were not left, mini bar not topped up, dust on surfaces and just generally sloppy. There is a lack of facilites so dont go unless you are a beach bum. some of the fixures are looking tired.
I would not go back as i have done it now but i would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Vilamendhoo, South Ari Atoll. It is 900 meters long by 250 meters wide, about 55 acres. Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 25 minute flight. 184 Rooms include 30 Jacuzzi water villas, 30 Jacuzzi beach villas, 111 beach villas and 13 garden rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilamendhoo Island Hotel Vilamendhoo
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Hotel Vilamendhoo Island