We were looking forward to this holiday for some time and had high expectations; Vilamendhoo lived up to them all and in many aspects exceeded them. We stayed for 10 nights in July, the weather was really good despite being the rainy season. The service provided by staff was excellent and they were always willing to help and advise as necessary, our room was seen to twice a day and was kept very clean, together with a well stocked mini-bar. We were on the all inclusive plus plan and would certainly recommend this to anyone as the costs of drinks would quickly add up, especially when you have children.
I was and still am amazed at the wonderful fish I saw on and around the house reef, to see them in their natural habitat is a memory that I will always have, we took the complimentary snorkelling lesson provided to those on the all inclusive package and this gave us additional confidence in the water. We took the whale shark trip and the crew really worked hard to give us the opportunity to see them, thankfully, we did get a quick look before they moved on.
The restaurant staff were very attentive and because you were allocated a table at the beginning of your holiday, there were no choices to be made where to sit each day. The food on the whole was very good and because we were there for 10 days it gave us the ideal view of the selection over a wide timeframe.
Our room attendant was Abbas and he was so helpful and always did his best for us, the staff work very hard to provide an excellent experience for the guests.
It was just phenomenal to open the door of our villa to such scenery, which was so unspoiled and crystal clear waters.
Would I return? - Well yes and intend to do so in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Vilamendhoo, South Ari Atoll. It is 900 meters long by 250 meters wide, about 55 acres. Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 25 minute flight. 184 Rooms include 30 Jacuzzi water villas, 30 Jacuzzi beach villas, 111 beach villas and 13 garden rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo and Travelbag so you can book your Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilamendhoo Island Hotel Vilamendhoo
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Hotel Vilamendhoo Island