Well me and my boyfriend have just retirned from a two week holiday at The Vilamendoo Island and Spa Resort and I would fly back in a heartbeat. We were concerned before we went as the island was in the midst of a refurbishment that was due to be finished before we arrived and i neednt have been worried one bit!! We stayed in a Beach Villa and it was amazing, immaculate and cleaned every day with a turn down service in the evening and the mini bar replenished twice a day. The food was fabulous with such a varied selection and the staff were attentive and couldnt do enough for you. The whole island had been refurbished to the highest standard but the only thing I felt was missing was a iron in the villa so be sure to pack a travel iron if you feel you would need one. Girls there is a hair dryer in the room too. The all inclusive package was fantastic including windsurfing lesson and canoe hire every day for an hour. The snorkelling was amazing especially for me a beginner and a little nervous you dont have to go out very far and out of depth to see the most amazing fish!! They provide a fifteen minute free massage for all guests and the Spa is beautiful and I did indulge in two hour long massages whilst we were there and it was every minute worth it. Paradise. You also get a free hour and a half sunset cruise where if your as lucky as us will see some dolphins.
I could compliment this island all night but I would like to give some tips if you are travelling to this island that would save you some pennies!! Make sure you take enough sun cream and buy this at home as although we think its expensive at home its much more expenisve in the gift shop on the island. A bottle of sun cream is around $27 and we had to buy a further three!! The other tip for those that smoke tobacco, they do not sell tobacco on the island. We ran out and the had to buy ciggarettes which although cheaper than home at $5 it wasnt a preferred choice.
I really cannot faut anything else honestly, it was our dream holiday and it lived up to everything I had dreamt of and more. We met some lovely new friends and have amazing pictures for memories. The most amazing sunsets can be seen every night from eack end of the island either the sunset bar or the asian wok. If you do go I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Vilamendhoo, South Ari Atoll. It is 900 meters long by 250 meters wide, about 55 acres. Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 25 minute flight. 184 Rooms include 30 Jacuzzi water villas, 30 Jacuzzi beach villas, 111 beach villas and 13 garden rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Ebookers, Expedia, Travelbag and Odigeo so you can book your Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilamendhoo Island Hotel Vilamendhoo
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Hotel Vilamendhoo Island