“Fantastic getaway”

Belan Bach Lodges
Bebington, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic getaway”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I booked this lodge for myself and husband and 4 friends for my birthday,we stayed in the derwen lodge,we booked for four nights and our friends stayed for two,the surroundings were beautiful the lodge was modern and clean,we all slept really well,the hot tub was the winner of the stay for us all and when our friends left we had two nights alone and used the hot tub,even in the cold winds and rain!!!there were a few small issues that should have been seen too such as the shower,the wall lining in the bathroom,light switches and finding previous occupants things,but for it all,it was the most perfect stay for my birthday and we all have lifelong memories to share,will definitely visit in future.

• Stayed February 2014

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Celwyn 1 lodge (4 berth plus dog friendly)..We absolutely loved this place. Quiet, tranquil and overlooks spectacular views of Welsh countryside. The lodges are cleverly treelined so you never feel like you have neighbours (although there are only 6 lodges on site). The lodges are warm and homely and have every mod con including a dishwasher and good high standard utensils and you feel very relaxed when you walk in. We had a problem with the shower when we got there but Richard the owner fixed it straight away. We took food/drink with us as there is very little nearby but for me that was the beauty of the break although a trip to the dams of Lake Vyrnwy is a must as it is breathtaking. If you like the great outdoors walking or cycling this is the place for you. HOWEVER... There was one little hitch which I think needs mentioning. The hot tub was lovely BUT we all mentioned how the chlorine stung our eyes and appeared too strong and on the last day of our stay our 12 year old came out in a rash all over her body and still has it now (2 days later).. I too have rashes on my legs which I believe is from chemical burns from too much chlorine in the water. I will take this up with Hoseasons who I booked the break through.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave B
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Belan Bach Lodges were exactly what I had hoped for. I booked it for my Husband & I & we took our very energetic dog. The lodge itself (celyn 1) was lovely. Cosy & very clean. Well equipped kitchen, make sure you take everything you need as it is a long drive to the shops. We stayed for 3 nights & I could have stayed another 3. It is very private the most we saw of our neighbours were their cars driving past every now & again.

The hot tub made this place for me. It's ready to go on your arrival & stayed on all weekend. It was freezing weather but we were in it every night, you dont feel the cold in the tub.Great way to unwind after long walks with the dog. There are also plenty of little villages around if you do want to drive out. We went to lake Vyrnwy which was a lovely walk. Didn't see the owners until we went to the house for the wi fi code but that was fine by us.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane H
Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights, Upon arrival saw no signs or information to check in, so we knocking on the door of the adjacent house for a while and telephoning the 'reception' but to no avail, eventually got through to one of the owners on a mobile, who just said 'keys in the door, you carry on' when we entered the lodge it was very nice, very clean and warm, there was Milk in the fridge, tea bags and coffee.. It was a very welcoming accomodation.

Spent most of the evening in the Hot tub which although hard to pull the cover on and off, as the metal holding it was broken, was a very nice experience.

The saturday morning then we wanted to have an early shower, but the Boiler pilot light was not working, and everything I tried wasnt working, so we called the mobile number again after calling ''Reception'' only for a young child to answer a few times and put the phone down, a guy came out to look at it, and it was working from there.

The shower heat dial was locked into one place, ''very hot'' so a shower was impossible, as it was impossible to turn. So two slow Baths were run taking about 2 hours in total.

Found the overall bedroom decor of the Banwy lodge to be very dated and like a Blackpool hotel in the late 80s...

I did like this accomodation, but there should be a few improvements.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We spent New Year in one of the two bedroom lodges. My wife and our two friends just relaxed in the Jacuzzi with champagne. The lodges are really comfortable and have everything you could possibly need. The owners are really helpful and welcoming. We would recommend these to anyone wanting a relaxing break. We will be rebooking again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul B
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I wanted to write a review, because I was reading some prior to our holiday and I was worried what we had let ourselves in for!

On arrival the lodge had been warmed up, by the lit fire and central heating. After a 5 hour journey, there wasn't a better way to be welcomed. The lounge was cosy and the furniture looked fairly new. There is heated floor in the bathroom and a towel rail too! Also a lovely big shower cubicle. The hot tub had been turned on so it was at temperature, so half an hour after arrival we were already in there! :)

I think some people can find faults with anything, but I consider myself a fussy person and I found this more than suitable! Especially for accommodation for pets, this is the first time we've taken our dog on holiday and she loved it :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went to Belan Bach for a long weekend! It was fairly easy to find and when we did find it, the views were absolutely amazing! As you come into the resort, there's a house and then 6 different lodges all with their own name! Ours was called the Onnen lodge, in which was one of the older cabins!

We got there just after 4pm, when we were allowed to get there. We were a bit baffled on where to go and decided to go straight to the main house. We knocked and knocked but no-one was in. We saw another couple and they said they found their key in the door and just let themselves in. So we did exactly the same thing!

The Onnen had 3 bedrooms, two of the bedrooms had twin beds and one of the bedrooms had a double bed. The double room had an on suite with a shower. The other bathroom with a bath come shower. The sitting room come kitchen was a good size and the kitchen was very modern and there was even a dinning table.

The cabin was a brilliant size and very homely. The hot tub was nice and warm at our arrival and it wasn't long until we had a dip. Around all of the cabins there was trees, so no-one from a different cabin could see you in your hot tub. But the views straight on were amazing. Just mountains everywhere, beautiful!

There's a lot around near the cabins! We visited the two lakes Bala and Vyrnwy! Both absolutely amazing! Can park up and walk all the way around the lakes if you liked! They are not too far away from the cabins, probably less than 10miles away!

We also did the rainbow trail, which is literally just up the road from the cabin! 5 mile walk around beautiful scenery and woods. Definitely tired after that ha!

We only ate out twice as we just cooked in the log cabin! One night we went to Cross Foxes pub/restaurant and the food in there was amazing! Little expensive but it was definitely worth it! Brigands inn was also lovely but the food took a whole to come but food was amazing!

Overall it was a nice little break with amazing views and nice to get away and be in the middle of nowhere! It was a bit weird that the owner of Belan Bach lodges didn't come see us or anything, the only let down! But I would definitely go back again!

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangadfan
Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa
#3 of 3 in Dolanog
Pen Y Garth
Pen Y Garth
#6 of 15 in Bala

Been to Belan Bach Lodges? Share your experiences!