“Fantastic!!! - dyfnant lodge”
Review of Belan Bach Lodges

Belan Bach Lodges
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!! - dyfnant lodge”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Just arrived home after visiting Belan Bach lodges with my boyfriend and 4 friends. We all had a fantastic time and would recommend to anyone.

Owners are very friendly and welcoming. We had a few problems with the shower and fire but Richard (owner) was round within the hour and sorted them out.

Would deff recommend and would love to go back :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ashleigh7790

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
chester
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Building looked and felt tired. Not the cleanest we have stayed in! Especially as we arrived a hour before we were allowed in at 4pm but lady said lodge not ready I said fine as we had left home early as traffic might have been a problem getting there on time. I am not sure why the lodge was not ready as you have to vacate at 10am sharp according to folder in the lodge(lodge was not the cleanest) cobwebs and shower was a bit dirty (hairs)no handover carried out to show facilities etc again another folder supplied in the lodge. Surroundings nice and quite which was good. What I thought was strange that at no time did anybody come along and introduce themselves or ask was everything was ok! Overall not happy sorry:-(

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We have just returned from a long weekend 21st anniversary break, it was amazing, even the adverse weather didn't spoil our time there, in fact being confined to the lodge Celyn 2 with 70mph winds blowing was even more romantic! As said before take everything you might need if your not prepared to drive out and eat. I also packed a travel hairdryer just in case, and had to use it, although im sure if i'd have asked one would have been provided. The hot tub ran at 40 degrees the whole time we were there. Please read the instruction manual before you go in though. too longer dip can leave you feeling a bit queasy, and someone mentioned a rash because of the chlorine, it does advise you to shower before hand, I didn't do this on our first night because I had already showered that morning, I do have a small pinprick rash on my wrists, perhaps from my perfume?. Anyway, beautiful views, clean, well equipped, defienately booking again for April.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bebington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I booked this lodge for myself and husband and 4 friends for my birthday,we stayed in the derwen lodge,we booked for four nights and our friends stayed for two,the surroundings were beautiful the lodge was modern and clean,we all slept really well,the hot tub was the winner of the stay for us all and when our friends left we had two nights alone and used the hot tub,even in the cold winds and rain!!!there were a few small issues that should have been seen too such as the shower,the wall lining in the bathroom,light switches and finding previous occupants things,but for it all,it was the most perfect stay for my birthday and we all have lifelong memories to share,will definitely visit in future.

• Stayed February 2014
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Celwyn 1 lodge (4 berth plus dog friendly)..We absolutely loved this place. Quiet, tranquil and overlooks spectacular views of Welsh countryside. The lodges are cleverly treelined so you never feel like you have neighbours (although there are only 6 lodges on site). The lodges are warm and homely and have every mod con including a dishwasher and good high standard utensils and you feel very relaxed when you walk in. We had a problem with the shower when we got there but Richard the owner fixed it straight away. We took food/drink with us as there is very little nearby but for me that was the beauty of the break although a trip to the dams of Lake Vyrnwy is a must as it is breathtaking. If you like the great outdoors walking or cycling this is the place for you. HOWEVER... There was one little hitch which I think needs mentioning. The hot tub was lovely BUT we all mentioned how the chlorine stung our eyes and appeared too strong and on the last day of our stay our 12 year old came out in a rash all over her body and still has it now (2 days later).. I too have rashes on my legs which I believe is from chemical burns from too much chlorine in the water. I will take this up with Hoseasons who I booked the break through.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave B
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Belan Bach Lodges were exactly what I had hoped for. I booked it for my Husband & I & we took our very energetic dog. The lodge itself (celyn 1) was lovely. Cosy & very clean. Well equipped kitchen, make sure you take everything you need as it is a long drive to the shops. We stayed for 3 nights & I could have stayed another 3. It is very private the most we saw of our neighbours were their cars driving past every now & again.

The hot tub made this place for me. It's ready to go on your arrival & stayed on all weekend. It was freezing weather but we were in it every night, you dont feel the cold in the tub.Great way to unwind after long walks with the dog. There are also plenty of little villages around if you do want to drive out. We went to lake Vyrnwy which was a lovely walk. Didn't see the owners until we went to the house for the wi fi code but that was fine by us.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane H
Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights, Upon arrival saw no signs or information to check in, so we knocking on the door of the adjacent house for a while and telephoning the 'reception' but to no avail, eventually got through to one of the owners on a mobile, who just said 'keys in the door, you carry on' when we entered the lodge it was very nice, very clean and warm, there was Milk in the fridge, tea bags and coffee.. It was a very welcoming accomodation.

Spent most of the evening in the Hot tub which although hard to pull the cover on and off, as the metal holding it was broken, was a very nice experience.

The saturday morning then we wanted to have an early shower, but the Boiler pilot light was not working, and everything I tried wasnt working, so we called the mobile number again after calling ''Reception'' only for a young child to answer a few times and put the phone down, a guy came out to look at it, and it was working from there.

The shower heat dial was locked into one place, ''very hot'' so a shower was impossible, as it was impossible to turn. So two slow Baths were run taking about 2 hours in total.

Found the overall bedroom decor of the Banwy lodge to be very dated and like a Blackpool hotel in the late 80s...

I did like this accomodation, but there should be a few improvements.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangadfan
Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa
#3 of 3 in Dolanog
Pen Y Garth
Pen Y Garth
#6 of 15 in Bala

Been to Belan Bach Lodges? Share your experiences!