“Good food and free Wifi” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cann Office Hotel

Cann Office Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llangadfan
Cann Office Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Llangadfan B&B and Inns
West Wales
“Good food and free Wifi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have heard so much about the Cann Office and the cultural events held there over the years. A popular social place attended by some friends in the area.
However, I was slightly disappointed by the lack of Welsh speaking staff. It wasn't the welcome I expected.
However, the food was good. My son enjoyed the burger, my daughter had a massive steak and ale pie and my wife liked the gammon. It was all topped up with a large bowl of chips between us. Excellent.
The place might be under new management. The restaurant had been refurnished nicely. There might be further developments in this place for the future.
Free Wifi was also available. Diolch.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Craffwr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We were a it wary after reading some of the reviews, but as we were staying nearby and it was the only place to go for a meal within walking distance we decided to give it a go.
We were the only customers to start with but we went fairly early, four adults and one 7 year old.
The food was fantastic - absolutely spot on. We had between us: steak and ale pie, fish pie, lasagne and a kids fish fingers & chips (cant go wrong with that one anyway!). The portions were decent, the food cooked to perfection and the staff friendly and helpful - can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Cath M
Wrecsam, null, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Went for the Welsh music festival that is there annually. The music was brill, the bar service was good, food looked and tasted nice. The surrounding area is beautiful, the cafe down the road was welcoming as the Can Offis were not serving breakfast when we wanted it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nia L
Stafford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We booked two double rooms as we were celebrating my daughters Birthday and she was staying in the area.
We were shown to our room by a pleasant young man who carried our overnight bag up the stairs, a good start so I thought. He opened the door to the garden facing room and apologised for the full size bunk beds taking up a good third of the room. The ladder from the bed stopped easy access to the bathroom so my husband unscrewed it and lay it on the bottom bunk. One problem solved. There was no bulb in the bedside lamp, obviously known to the management as the lamp had been unplugged. The hospitality tray appeared well stocked until I checked the date on the milk....12 months out of date!! The bathroom lacked a shelf for toiletries,and had no bin. But the worst and funniest problem was the plumbing. I have never heard anything as loud and noisy as the toilet flush and running water, It sounded as though a herd of buffalo were stampeding through the room.. Ok during the day but very annoying for those middle of the night comfort visits.The quality of the bed and mattress was appalling, both very bad quality, the mattress actually moved across the bed during the night.
The evening was a success due to the quality of the food ( and the company), 3 of the party had steak and quality was outstanding, the duck was good, as were the other meals.
The majority of the staff were very friendly and helpful but were let down by one very morose young lady who resented being asked for hot water for the baby's bottle and didn't hesitate to show it..
So in conclusion, stop by for a meal, but stay elsewhere until the management address the problems of the rooms. They are in need of updating and having some decent beds and mattresses put in them, A bin, mirror in the bedroom etc. . An expensive stay £65 for the room and a very substandard breakfast . Saved only by , the company, food and majority of the staff

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jill C
Southampton, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

I feel compelled to write a review, even though I'm still in the 'hole as I write.
If you want a room in the middle of nowhere, where even the locals laugh at your choice of location, with hot water that takes 15 minutes to kick in and service from The Waking Dead, then this place is for you.

In order to provide a balanced review, the servings of food were on the large side, even if the taste wasn't.

P.S, don't forget to bring your own towels.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Saintchris23
froncysyllte
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

i booked this hotel approx. 2 months in advance for 3 nights to attend a 2 day motorcycle trial.
The person who greeted me was somewhat vague regarding the booking, neverther the less I was shown to a double room on the first floor. I was totally unaware at this stage that the Hotel was also hosting a music festival over two nights as well as being host to several stag parties of approx. 40 people.
The rowdieness was unbeilievable with no sleep what so ever being attained over the Fiday and Saturday nights, which in all honesty totally ruined what should have been a good weekend.
There was a problem with the hot water in the the room which was none existent, not enough even to shower with !
The room service was totally none existent for the length of my stay.

Room Tip: ask plenty of questions when making you booking, a lot of rooms seem to be equipped for multiple occ...