“Slow life”

US$50.40*
and up
Full-Day Samet Island Including Lunch from Pattaya
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spend 3 days at Koh Samed with my wife in april 2014. A perfect getaway if you just want to relax for a few days. Nice beaches, boat trips avaliable. We rented a moped and explored the island. The west coast was totaly recovered from the oil spill. I reccomend the fire show at the beach at 21:00 hours. There is a fee to enter the national park.

1  Thank Sanukmak555

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great place to party, eat, rest or hang out and relax on the weekend... It's within a few hours of Bangkok, and is a great place to spend a few days as a tourist or as a resident of BKK! Perfect swimming beach (nice sand, no rocks or shells), except for the garbage and boats.

1  Thank mitchell b
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I read about the oil slick on the west coast of Koh Samed last year on trip advisor. Have just visited there (April 16th - 23rd 2014). Was worried before travelling, but decided to go as posts from as far back as Aug 2013 were positive that the East Coast was unaffected. We spent most of our time by the pool at our resort. But went down to the beach 3 or 4 times, and played in the sea. On our final day after being in the sea a couple of times that day already, I started to notice little black specks in the sea. There were about 20 or 30 per square metre. Managed to get hold of one. It was definitely oil. Not sure if this is a result of the oil spill last year and was now washing in due to the direction of the tide (as we hadn't seen previously). Although, it could have been from a boat we'd seen earlier that was spewing black fumes. That said, when building sand castles with the kids, I noticed that below the first 3 inches of beautiful white sand, the sand was a dark grey colour. Again, I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

Oil worries aside, I was pretty disgusted by some of the litter being washed up on the shore, and the usual lack of effort by the the Thais to remove it.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I traveled here sometime in September with a friend. We had no itinerary whatsoever, and have not booked any hotels ahead of time.

The area we stayed at was called silver sands - which proved to be a wrong decision as it was just too crowded. Beach was pretty standard, nothing too thrilling about it. As mentioned on the subject line, I have seen better.

Food cost is too expensive for blah Thai food.

1  Thank dangerous_mind
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My first time in Thailand and I opted for a less touristy island. And glad I did! The beaches are great and some of them are just gorgeous.

It is just 4 hours away from Bangkok and perfect to spend a weekend there.

1  Thank Salmanio