“Gerry & Jan Hobden”
Review of Ashdene House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newry
Ashdene House
Ranked #9 of 11 Newry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My wife and I stayed her for 5 nights. We were made very welcome by Sheila, who did everything she could to make us feel at home. I am from Newry but over the years things have changed dramatically and she was very well informed about local eateries, pubs and shopping facilities.The room had an ensuite bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. We were able to come and go as we pleased, twice coming in at around 03:00. It is just a 10 minute walk from the town centre.

Room Tip: Only 1 room has ensuite, the other 3 share a roomy bathroom. Book early to get the ensuite.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank taximanDarlington
There are newer reviews for Ashdene House

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We arrived late on our last night in Northern Ireland with 45 pounds to get rid of. The first place we stopped was 60 pounds, so we stopped here on our way back and told of our desire. The lady said we were welcome to stay for 45, if we don't include breakfast. This worked fine for us. The place was being painted, but our room was perfect, and very pleasant. There were young children very noisily playing and screaming until 1:30 am. This may have been a rare occurrance, we don't know if they were another guests kids or who they were, but it was totally inappropriate. Other than that, as far as a place to spend the night, it is as nice as anyone would want. Coffee and tea in the room, and the lady running the place brought us a beautiful plate of sandwiches, because she knew we had arrived late, and were not planning to go out to eat. There was no feee wifi available.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Again my visit in 2011 lived up to usual expectations, the friendly owners could not do enough for me and made me feel extremely welcome.
I will be returning in 2012 as soon as the airlines release summer prices!! :)

Room Tip: In my view all the rooms are top notch.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank gloryf
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Food and sleeping accommodation excellent. I had such a wonderful stay in 2009 and 2010. The staff are lovely. I will definitely be staying in 2011.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2010

I have returned now to this B&B a number of times with my husband and family. A choice of rooms with or without ensuite, priced appropriately.B&B rooms are separate from family home ,with separate entrance door, separate living room for guests and separate kitchen we have access to.private parking, within walking distance of town.lovely decorated rooms,great breakfast if requested ,encouraged to feel like home.I would wholeheartedly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2010

We stayed at this b&b which is in a quiet neighbourhood about a mile from the main shopping centres. Our family enjoyed the break. The accommodation was very comfortable, food excellent and beds first class. I have a sore back and i know a good bed when i see one. As for newry; its a extremely busy town beside the beautiful mournes. I would definatel recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2009

stayed in this B&B while on shopping trip to newry. could only stay one night. their was no ensuite facilities...their was a wc down the corridoor we had to share with other guests but their was no way to lock the door. their was no shower to be seen anywhere...only a bath in a bathroom across a landing that didnt look like it was accessable for guests...no lock on that door either. I had booked two nights and arrived at approx. 5 o'clock to be greeted with "i didn't think you were coming". we didn't feel welcome or comfortable in any way. the breakfast in the mornin looked half raw.

I wouldnt stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple