“"A warm welcoming at Hillside B&B "”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newry
Hillside Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 11 Newry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed for two nights such a friendly place to stay Blair so helpful, helped us on places to eat and directions to where we wanted to go, by the end of our stay, we felt we had known him longer. We would return if ever we are in that area again. Bedroom spacious,clean everything you would want in a room even little touches cakes very tasty . B & B set in a quiet road a lovely setting to stay . Breakfast everything to set you up for the day :) .

Room Tip: Review room on website and choose which room you would like if available
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
blairvernon, Owner at Hillside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thanks for the review Julie I'm so glad that you and David enjoyed your time here.

It was great having you to stay - such perfect guests Id give you 5 stars if there was a Trip Advisor to rate guests on !!

Blair

PS That's a nice picture of the 2 of you - even the weather looks good !!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Hillside B&B is set in a quite landscape just outside Newry. I stayed here because I went hiking on Slieve Gullion. It is very easy to find, as Blair has written a perfect description on his website. Blair is very friendly and I really felt welcome at Hillside B&B. He takes time to talk to the guests and he gave some useful tips. The breakfast was very good (with fresh fruit and a delicious hot breakfast) and there were some homemade muffins in my room. The rooms are big and the bed comofortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thanks for the lovely review Mirjam, I'm glad you enjoyed your time here.

It was a pleasure having you to stay and I especially enjoyed our breakfast chats ( I still haven't started the book !!). I hope all goes well for you in the future.

Blair

PS Haven't seen the hare since you left !

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Blair is very friendly, helpful.It was very interesting to discuss with him and I am sure everybody is always welcommed because he does like his job and is with the guests like friends.
The bedroom is comfortable and very clean, and of course quiet,the neighbours are...sheeps !!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vero1281
blairvernon, Owner at Hillside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thanks Veronique

Your review is much appreciated and I am glad that both you and Didier and "the baby" enjoyed your stay at Hillside !!

It was a pleasure having you to stay and I very much enjoyed our chats - your English is so much better than my French !

I hope the rest of the trip went well.

Best Wishes To You Both

Reviewed 24 July 2013

If you want a quiet, rural setting just out of Newry and a great host, clean good sized rooms and a very good breakfast then go no further than Hillside B&B. Blair made us very welcome, gave us all the directions we needed regarding an afternoon drive and suggestions for an evening meal. Overall a most enjoyable overnight stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bolindaduo

Thank you very much for the kind review Robert.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time here.

It was a pleasure having both yourself and Anne to stay.

I hope the rest of the trip goes well.

Best Wishes To You Both

Blair

PS Hope Anne's back is feeling better soon ;-)

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Loved the size of our rooms and the location. The views from our rooms we will never forget. Thank you Blair for looking after us in such a caring way. Really enjoyed our breakfasts. We left feeling we had made a new friend.

Room Tip: Our rooms looked over the hills towards Newry - the views were fantastic
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen B
blairvernon, Owner at Hillside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thanks so much Helen, its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

It was good meeting and getting to know you - its not the same without you guys here - breakfasts are so much quieter !!!

I hope the rest of your trip goes well and you have a safe journey home.

Thanks again - Best Wishes - Blair

PS I think your email may be full/faulty as had an email bounce back ;-(

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Blair made the stay the best. Friendly and helpful. Irish fry breakfast very good
Lovely, quiet place 5 -10 minutes from Newry... close to Banbridge for another shopping location
We would recommend this place to anyone who needs a quiet getaway , yet still wants easy access to Newry and surrounding area

Room Tip: front of the house
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Geoff H

Thanks for the review Geoff, its very kind of you.

It was a real pleasure having you and Sheree to stay. Thanks for the photos they are smashing - Sheree looks lovely but Im not sure about the fella standing next to her !

I hope you enjoyed the rest of the trip and the journey home was a good one.

Thanks once again.

All The Best , Blair

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Trip with my wife, my father and his girlfriend. The B&B is in the beautiful countryside not far from Newry. The rooms are modern and cosy. The breakfast is perfect. Blair is really friendly and available.

Room Tip: Ask one room with view on the countryside
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
blairvernon, Owner at Hillside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Hi Bastain

Thanks so much for the review, Im glad you all enjoyed your taste of Northern Ireland.

I enjoted meeting you and your family (it was nice to have my first visitors from Switzerland) and hearing you all talking together in French made me feel like it was me on holiday ;-)