“Fabulous all round!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newry
Hillside Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 12 Newry B&B and Inns
Hexham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous all round!”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Blair was a friendly and attentive host; with a warm welcome and good crack he was exactly what you hope for when you go on holiday. The room was clean with modern décor and lovely views and the breakfast was wonderful, with vegetarians well catered for too! Unfortunately we could only stay for one night but we would definitely recommend the Hillside B&B as the perfect base to explore the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank no1scran
blairvernon, Owner at Hillside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thanks for the lovely review Anna, I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. It was a pleasure having you and Andrew to stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Blair

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed at Hillside for 4 nights over the bank holiday weekend as I was visiting relatives in Northern Ireland. Blair couldn't do enough for me. What a host! He made me feel so comfortable and at home, which is particularly appreciated when you are travelling alone. The bedroom was clean and spacious with everything I needed for my stay - he even provided berries picked from the garden for my breakfast cereal! The view from the room was spectacular and the service and food terrific. Thank you Blair for making my trip so successful.

Sage Fuller

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sage F
Thanks for your lovely review it is very much appreciated.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time here and you found it relaxing even with your busy schedule !!

It was a genuine pleasure having you to stay and look forward to your next visit.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed for two nights such a friendly place to stay Blair so helpful, helped us on places to eat and directions to where we wanted to go, by the end of our stay, we felt we had known him longer. We would return if ever we are in that area again. Bedroom spacious,clean everything you would want in a room even little touches cakes very tasty . B & B set in a quiet road a lovely setting to stay . Breakfast everything to set you up for the day :) .

Room Tip: Review room on website and choose which room you would like if available
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the review Julie I'm so glad that you and David enjoyed your time here.

It was great having you to stay - such perfect guests Id give you 5 stars if there was a Trip Advisor to rate guests on !!

Blair

PS That's a nice picture of the 2 of you - even the weather looks good !!
Wil, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Hillside B&B is set in a quite landscape just outside Newry. I stayed here because I went hiking on Slieve Gullion. It is very easy to find, as Blair has written a perfect description on his website. Blair is very friendly and I really felt welcome at Hillside B&B. He takes time to talk to the guests and he gave some useful tips. The breakfast was very good (with fresh fruit and a delicious hot breakfast) and there were some homemade muffins in my room. The rooms are big and the bed comofortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thanks for the lovely review Mirjam, I'm glad you enjoyed your time here.

It was a pleasure having you to stay and I especially enjoyed our breakfast chats ( I still haven't started the book !!). I hope all goes well for you in the future.

Blair

PS Haven't seen the hare since you left !
Albi, France
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Blair is very friendly, helpful.It was very interesting to discuss with him and I am sure everybody is always welcommed because he does like his job and is with the guests like friends.
The bedroom is comfortable and very clean, and of course quiet,the neighbours are...sheeps !!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vero1281
blairvernon, Owner at Hillside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thanks Veronique

Your review is much appreciated and I am glad that both you and Didier and "the baby" enjoyed your stay at Hillside !!

It was a pleasure having you to stay and I very much enjoyed our chats - your English is so much better than my French !

I hope the rest of the trip went well.

Best Wishes To You Both

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

If you want a quiet, rural setting just out of Newry and a great host, clean good sized rooms and a very good breakfast then go no further than Hillside B&B. Blair made us very welcome, gave us all the directions we needed regarding an afternoon drive and suggestions for an evening meal. Overall a most enjoyable overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bolindaduo
Thank you very much for the kind review Robert.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time here.

It was a pleasure having both yourself and Anne to stay.

I hope the rest of the trip goes well.

Best Wishes To You Both

Blair

PS Hope Anne's back is feeling better soon ;-)
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Loved the size of our rooms and the location. The views from our rooms we will never forget. Thank you Blair for looking after us in such a caring way. Really enjoyed our breakfasts. We left feeling we had made a new friend.

Room Tip: Our rooms looked over the hills towards Newry - the views were fantastic
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen B
blairvernon, Owner at Hillside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thanks so much Helen, its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

It was good meeting and getting to know you - its not the same without you guys here - breakfasts are so much quieter !!!

I hope the rest of your trip goes well and you have a safe journey home.

Thanks again - Best Wishes - Blair

PS I think your email may be full/faulty as had an email bounce back ;-(
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
Carrickdale Hotel
#2 of 12 in Newry
No photo provided
Highfields B&B
#8 of 12 in Newry

Been to Hillside Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!