“My stay in Canal Court.”

Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newry
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I had a great 2 nights stay in hotel, staff were fantastic and so helpful nothing was a problem to them. Carvery is great. I would go back and stay in this hotel again.The rooms were lovely and big, spotless and the tea and biscuits were renew each day.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Margaret P
JanetBagnall, Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay & we appreciate very much your kind comments and detailed review. We do aim to provide a relaxing & comfortable "home away from home" for guests and It is nice to learn you enjoyed the various aspects of your stay.

Kindest Regards

There are newer reviews for Canal Court Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This review refers specifically to the midweek carvery lunch in the hotel's Granary Bar. Often, on this island, the carvery lunch can be a real hit-or-miss sort of affair, but not at this hotel! When in Newry we stop here for lunch whenever we get the chance, and it has been consistently good for over a decade that we know of. Efficient service; large selection on the daily menu, very good value, very good ambience. Always clean and welcoming!

Room Tip: Try to arrive before 1:00 or the queue can get long at the carvery. Also, parking is tight in this t...
1  Thank Drumraine

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Granary Bar - Carvery Lunch, we appreciate very much your kind comments. Carvery is served daily an offers a wide range of roast meat selection, fish & vegetarian options served with vegetables & potatoes, as well as a salad bar.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel and will be going back.The only thing I found a bit disappointing was after reading other reviews I noticed most of the people celebrating 80th Birthdays received banners ,flowers and a cake.We went for a two night stay to celebrate my sisters birthday and our mothers 80th Birthday.Some people celebrating anniversary even got an upgrade!,My Mother and sister got a banner.Surely what you do for one you should do for all?As for staff and service you are all 5stars.

Room Tip: We stayed in room206 facing car park and didnt hear any noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sharonniamh

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay & we appreciate very much your kind comments and detailed review. We do aim to provide a relaxing & comfortable stay for all Our guests.
In regards to Birthdays, Anniversary's & Special Occassions - we provide Occassion Banners on the doors & if dining in the Restaurant if we are aware that it is a special occassion we will bring out a birthday dessert etc. In regards to cakes, wine & flowers we can certainly arrange these for guests at an additional charge.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

can not understand some of the negative comments about this hotel we stayed from tuesday until thursday in october the staff were fantastic they made you feel special, nothing was to much trouble, when we went for breakfast in the morning we were greeted and shown to a table our order taken , then asked if we need anything else , the breakfast set us up for the day , we had our evening meal there to , and could find no fault the same excellent service, the deserts were also very good, the rooms were lovely and big, spotless the tea and biscuits were renew every day, would stay there again with out a moments thought thinking of going for a week next year ,as we could not enjoy all the facilities as we were there for a family members funeral, we had to change our flights and the lady on reception helped to print our new boarded passes out well done for having such caring and helpful staff

Room Tip: we had a room over looking the canal ,
2  Thank sunbeam47

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay & we appreciate very much your kind comments. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here at the weekend and would recommend this to anyone staying in Newry. The service from the staff was fantastic at check in/out and breakfast the next morning. The hotel room is very spacious, the beds are comfortable (with a choice of pillows) and the bathroom very clean. I would have loved to spend more time in the hotel and would definitely go back to stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room facing the Canal.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fee1182
JanetBagnall, Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. It is our aim that all guests find the Canal Court Hotel a place to relax & enjoy their time, whether it is for business or leisure break. I am glad we were able to provide you with a relaxing stay and we look forward to your return.
If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime,

Regards

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have just returned from a one night stay at the Canal Court Hotel, Newry. We got married in the hotel 2 years ago and due to our new little arrival last year around the time of our anniversary, we only had a limited celebration. This year we decided to return to the hotel for a 1 night stay to celebrate. When we arrived at the hotel we where greeted by the friendly staff, in fact the staff throughout the hotel were super friendly without being in your face and certainly made us feel very welcome. We had booked into a standard room for the evening but when we collected our room card 417 we both thought it sounded familiar and much to our amazement we had been upgraded to the Bridal suite we had originally stayed in during our wedding with a Happy Anniversary banner across the door. To say my wife was delighted is an understatement, I'll have a lot to live up to next year. Once we had got over the shock we made use of the great leisure facilities and enjoyed the outdoor rooftop hot tub. Afterwards we got ready and went down for dinner. We relaxed and had drink listening to the talented young pianist. Once we were taken in for our meal the food was first class as was the service again, very friendly without being overbearing. After dinner we went into the bar area for another drink and as my wife is pregnant the friendly bar man Cillian suggested a "mocktail" (cocktail with out the alcohol). We sat and relaxed and can honestly say it was the best night's sleep we had in ages, the bed was huge and so comfy. We would not hesitate recommending this hotel which is in a great city centre location and handy for all the local areas of outstanding natural beauty. Top marks all round and we will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen M

Dear Mr McAlpine,
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay & we appreciate very much your kind comments and detailed review. We do aim to provide a relaxing & comfortable "home away from home" for guests and I am delighted you enjoyed the upgrade to our Superior Suite, it was a pleasure that we could offer this as it was for a special occasion.
I appreciate very much your commendation of Cillian in our Bar Team. I will ensure Cillian is made aware of your kindness also and I would like to extend thanks on his behalf also.

Kind Regards & Best Wishes

Reviewed 11 October 2013

went to the canal court restaurant on sunday afternoon for dinner we arrived at 5.30 and went upstairs where we were greeted by a waiter, drinks order taken and menus given. our food order was taken at 5.45 and we sat comfortably chatting until 6.15 when we were asked to go o the restaurant our table was ready ten minutes later our starters arrived. we were very disappointed by the crab claws and mussels which were overcooked and supposed to be in chilli and lime butter but not much taste of either another irration was the stale bread rolls. main course was much better but I felt we had too wait too long for startersl 40mins have to say I was disappointed

1  Thank skanker7

Dear Guest
I appreciate you taking the time to review a recent visit to the Hotel & am sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your meal in the Old Mill Restaurant. I am unsure if you spoke with the restaurant manager or a member of the management team at the time regarding your meal. I would be very grateful if you could contact me so we may investigate & hopefully resolve this matter to your satisfaction.
We do place great emphasis on providing excellent, high quality food and strive to provide exceptional service so I am extremely sorry you did not experience this. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Canal Court Hotel in the near future to experience our true standard of food & service.

johare@canalcourthotel.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
Carrickdale Hotel
#5 of 8 in Dundalk
Donard Hotel
Donard Hotel
#5 of 16 in Newcastle

Been to Canal Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!