Canal Court Hotel & Spa
US$123
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,063 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathgranary barambassador suitebus stationbar foodfirst classlovely hotelleisure centreold millcarvery lunchhen partywould recommend this hotel to anyonesteakwedding receptioncouldn't do enoughfew drinkssaturday night
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I didn't get to take advantage of the spa, but the hotel itself is cute. There's a gym and pool that I did take advantage of, which are nice - especially the pool. And the restaurant and bar are well-stocked and the service is good. The hotel staff service was average - they were late with my wake-up call, accidentally checked me out early, and my room wasn't ready when I arrived.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I wanted to stay here for one night on the 7th august 2014 next. I am a student on a tight Income. They quoted me 99 (euro) for the one night . This is a single room as I am on my own. Just taught it was very expensive and they should do student discounts. Was hoping for something around 50euro. Completely disappointed that they don't have leeway for students as this hotel was close to train station! :/

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Sarah Jane P
Reviewed 19 June 2014

From check in to check out this stay was fun.
Everything seemed easy, and staff seemed on top of their game.

The room was all what you needed and seemed pretty spacious.
I have no complaints at all.

One thing I need to mention is the food.

The Restaurant is so busy all day and by night too, and I know why.

The food is out of this world, and huge portions too.

the bar in the evening seemed pretty wild with hen nights and football on, and a DJ. but seemed the place to go in Newry.

I would stay again. Loved it.

2  Thank Martin W
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We live in Newry and have frequented the Canal Court Hotel for food and drinks before. We had never stayed in the Hotel. My partner was given a gift of two nights in the Canal Court for his birthday. Firstly the hotel staff are a huge asset to the Hotel, they are all very professional and friendly. The room was lovely and the air con was a huge plus. My only gripe is that there is not enough coffee supplied for drinking in the room. The bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, in a hotel before. Everything in the room and hotel was spotless. The pool area is spotless and the outdoor hot tub is great. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to try the Spa. There was a great buzz in the hotel on the Friday and Saturday nights. The breakfast is beautiful. There is a buffet table with croissants, yoghurts, bread, cereals, fruit, ham and cheese and a range of juices to choose from. They then take your order for a cooked breakfast and nothing is too much trouble. I will definitely stay in the Canal Court again.

Room Tip: We had a room 328 and was at the back of the hotel. We could hardly hear the air con. We were happy with this room as it was very quiet as it was near the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Helen M
JanetBagnall, Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Helen,
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay & we appreciate very much your kind comments. Any extras pillows, coffees, towels etc can be arranged by contacting reception who will be more than happy to get these for you. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime,

Kind Regards
Mrs Janet Bagnall
Deputy GM

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This property is very nice indeed with its traditional features integrating with the up to date modern facilities. I spent two nights here on business and enjoyed most of it.
I dinned in the charter bar on my first night and I have never seen so many smartly dressed waiters (one waitress) all in the one bar/restaurant at the one time, unfortunately neither have I seen so many waiting staff carry on, giggle loudly, fool around and ignore customers who needed to order, ask questions about the food, have plates cleared away etc etc, the waitress spent her time at the till whilst each male water flirted with her one at at time. It would seem if you are seated in a side room you are forgotten about, no one seemed in charge, no leadership.
The food was hot, fresh and plentiful and very reasonably priced, just a pity.
The next night I had dinner in the Old Mill and very nice it was too, the food again was hot, fresh and plentiful if a bit more expensive, it is a more formal experience.
The breakfast both mornings was spot on in every way.
The rooms are large, modern and very clean.
I most likely will be back

2  Thank jimbo367

Dear Jim,

I appreciate you taking the time to review a recent visit to the Hotel & am sincerely sorry that the service was not up to standard within the Granary Bar. I am currently investigating the issues raised with the Barsnacks Supervisor & also waiting staff.
We do place great emphasis on providing excellent, high quality food and strive to provide exceptional service so I am extremely sorry you did not experience this. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Canal Court Hotel in the near future to experience our true standard of food & service.

Kind Regards